• July 19, 2019, 04:06:29 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ismywebsite.com  (Read 6481 times)
Megan|SaraBeth
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »

ismywebsite.com has an application you have to apply too.  when you apply state that you are using coding from here.  also you start with 100mb of storage and 1000mb of bandwidth.  if you need upgrades just ask.  you will get them. 

when you need an upgrade please put the subject as: I need 1gb of storage/bandwidth and in the body state how much total you want your account to have.

To get the upgrade though you are required to post there ad banner on your page somewhere.  Its not that big of a deal, but its real good for free. 

LoGD runs great on this host.  It's fast and doesnt use more than about half or so of 2000mb which i believe is 2gb bandwidth for every 30 people online.  thats pretty good to me.

So check out ismywebsite.com
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 05:46:42 PM by SaraDayBella » Logged

Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 06:05:49 PM »

When promoting a webhost here, you need to provide an indication of how LoGD runs on their services, which you have not done.  What will get people using a service is if youre able to say Ive been running my site with 1500 user accounts here for 7 months now, and havent had any problems at all

Or

This host worked well until my game started averaging 5 users online at a time, then I had to move up to a premium package.  Etc.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
JollyGG
Mod God

Jolly Good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:14:41 AM »

I tried ismywebsite a long time ago...not worth the effort in my opinion. Somehow I was banned from my own cPanel, and they couldn't do a single thing about it, so the Support there sucks. I prefer BlueHost ^^

Senior Staff Coder to: RPGLink
Supporter of: Forbidden Realm and LotGD4Adults2.
Released Modules: Here
azoundria
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »

Hi Alex,

I think you should give us another chance, quite simply because you signed up back in September, when my friend was running things. It's a tough job, he did his best, and ultimately some of the changes he initiated had some largely negative effects, especially in the area of support. A lot of things have changed since then, including the expansion of our network to 9 servers at present, and the launching of a new panel which helped bring the wait down substantially.

Personally, I managed to keep satisfaction to a 100% for the first 1000 clients, and still maintain that support is one of our top priorities. No matter how large we get, I will always make sure that I can personally be reached if an issue can't be handled by someone else. And if we're not doing our job well, by all means let us know in a constructive way.

I also can't believe you think BlueHost is an example of good support. Certainly not from what I've heard, but if they work for you then that's great.

And Talisman,

I expect the experience is definitely going to vary based on the server. I would probably recommend Node 5 if you want speed more than reliability or Node 1 if you want reliability more than speed. Both servers do a good job in both areas, there is just some variance. At this point, Node 3 is better for static pages (slow and steady), Node 4 is full, Node 6 is too new to know (anyone is welcome to test), and Node 2 has been having some trouble lately (we just switched providers to hopefully fix this).

I also want to mention that our storage and bandwidth limitations (and indeed most features) are quite flexible if you are willing to give us a shout and need more. As we are ad-supported, it makes no sense whatsoever to limit how many people come to your site or what you can do to attract them.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:59:11 PM by azoundria » Logged
Draco Straybyrn
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 10:12:22 PM »

I tried ismywebsite a long time ago...not worth the effort in my opinion. Somehow I was banned from my own cPanel, and they couldn't do a single thing about it, so the Support there sucks. I prefer BlueHost ^^
lololololololololololol BlueHost...

I used to have an account with HostMonster. Same exact business, don't know why they have different domains.

Anyway, my site was getting DDOS'd hardcore. It was mos def not cool at all. I asked support for help and they said they'd leave my account open.

Then I get on and it says my domain's been disabled. The frickin' CEO of the company demanded my account be canceled.

Yeah, awesome. Great hosting. NOT.
kickme
Global Moderator
Mod God

Yay for elephants!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 10:52:43 PM »

Please do not turn this thread into a flame warm. That is the purpose of this forum.

I will start removing posts and/or lock the topic if it continues.

Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka
GenmaC
Codemeister

Coder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »

Anyway, my site was getting DDOS'd hardcore. It was mos def not cool at all. I asked support for help and they said they'd leave my account open.

Then I get on and it says my domain's been disabled. The frickin' CEO of the company demanded my account be canceled.

Yeah, awesome. Great hosting. NOT.

this isn't bad support, this is what anyone would do unless you are paying them in platinum billion dollar bills.  the second your $10/month account (for example) starts getting hit, $500 worth of customers are offline and you will be null routed or yanked offline as quickly as possible

the story changes when you are renting your own cabinet, but it changes because you have your own IT staff at that point

Castle Siege - a work in progress
Silient
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »

I'm currently signing up for this site. I'll post again after I've seen how it works? can someone help me transfer my game over or point me in the right direction? Also I'm not sure how to put the adds up on my site?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
123 Guests, 1 User