• July 19, 2018, 06:03:25 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superuser2  (Read 4584 times)
Edward
Mod God

Now... Who's a Llama?

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »

Recently, I added a part in the database which would store a player notice(of their choosing) in the village for everyone to see. I found a rather nasty bug in it, and me not wanting to tear it all apart to get rid of it(I am better off just recoding it), so I removed the file and went in to phpmyadmin to remove that part in which they were all stored.
When I got in to phpmyadmin, I noticed another part in the accounts table that was awful strange. It was called 'superuser2'. Seeing that it was int(11), unsigned, and at a default of 0, I looked in the 097 file which holds the stock mysql codes.
In there, I found "ALTER TABLE accounts ADD superuser2 int(11) unsigned not null default 0;", and I for the life of me, cant seem to find out what on Earth this is suppose to do.

Any ideas of what superuser2 does?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:34:07 PM by Edward di Wilde » Logged
Apollon
Captain of the Guard

This life is one of the hardest!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 10:29:49 AM »

I don't know anything about the english version but I think it's like the german one. And in case of this superuser2 is just a field in the acounts table llike "name" or "mount". As long as no one is switched as superuser2 and you don't give any special rights to a person who is superuser 2 there is no need for fear. Use the field for your own interests or just delete it  Wink

I am the country, my eyes am the sky, my limbs the trees, I am the rock, the depth of water. I am not here, in order to control mother nature or exploit her. I am even nature.
(Hopi)
Edward
Mod God

Now... Who's a Llama?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 10:58:53 AM »

I don't know anything about the english version but I think it's like the german one. And in case of this superuser2 is just a field in the acounts table llike "name" or "mount". As long as no one is switched as superuser2 and you don't give any special rights to a person who is superuser 2 there is no need for fear. Use the field for your own interests or just delete it  Wink
Thank you  Grin
I will find an use for it, eventually Cheesy.
White Knight
Mod God

For the truth!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 12:21:36 PM »

I've seen a modification or two that made use of that. Otherwise, I don't remember it being utilized at all. That's probably why it didn't carry over into the CCL versions.

Helping you help yourself.
robert
Old Dog
Mod God

LoGD Buff!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 11:56:54 PM »

It is an unused field in the 097 accounts table.

One realm I knew of, used it for the admin so they can log in and be totally invisible.
 - His players would constantly bombard him with messages and he found it near impossible to get any work done while logged in.  So he used the superuser2 to make himself totally invisible when he was logged in.

I use it so that only myself can handle donations, my admin has all privy except this one.

One great benefit for using 097 code is that if the owner is php/mysql proficient, you can easily create, alter, remove anything you desire.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
26 Guests, 0 Users