• November 17, 2018, 05:36:24 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Haunted House - Discussion  (Read 1730 times)
Minato
Codemeister

Script not working? Just beat it!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 20, 2011, 09:26:43 PM »

Name: Haunted House Package

Works On: 1.1.2, 1.1.1

Author(s): I, Minato, (KainStrider) put together the Haunted House Base file and edited several modules from various authors to fit into the house as 'rooms'. Some modules WERE pre-1.1.0 ONLY before I edited them. The authors of the various edited modules include Sichae, SaucyWench, Robert, ShadowRaven, Kalazaar, and Red Yates. Creative input from GoldenMaiden of Tynastera.

Description: KainStrider's Haunted House module for this Halloween Season, 2011. Basically it's an explorable spook house with many things to do. I incorporated several already existing Halloween Modules and Shades Modules into the house, wherever it was appropriate. I will be developing NEWER versions of this code soon, the module WORKS, but will soon be obsolete to my newer, cooler scripts (Currently writing 'events' for the House and new rooms). I spammed the addnews(); function a bit, but you can remove them if you want. They are designed to get people paying attention to the house. The Main part of the house and the Spooky Gardens contain chats for RP.

I know there is one that already exists, but it's fairly simple and not very comprehensive. I am taking ideas for adding onto the Haunted House here. You can download the Haunted House here.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:01:10 AM by Minato » Logged

goldenmaiden
Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 09:38:12 PM »

Our site has it and it works great! Very few Halloween things out there so this was a great addition and timely for the holidays! Can't wait to see the added events.  Thank you!

Nightborn
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 02:08:06 AM »

Thanks, I'll check through it ^^

btw: if one module requires another, you might think about using the "requires" string in the install part. Nifty thing, that is.
Minato
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 03:45:27 PM »

Thanks, I'll check through it ^^

btw: if one module requires another, you might think about using the "requires" string in the install part. Nifty thing, that is.

Thanks Nightborn, I will get that added in. Any other ideas you have, do not hesitate to post them. Smiley

Megan|SaraBeth
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »

So I noticed for sites like mine its pointless to have the damn thing in all the villages...made a change to hauntedhouse.php to add a location setting so it would be in only one place, my city.  If y'all want that comment back and let me know Cheesy

EDIT:  So my fix did work...but he coded it all across every module that its global villages...he said he'll fix it later...so wait for the fix Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:31:16 PM by Megan|SaraDayBella » Logged

Minato
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 09:51:10 PM »

So I noticed for sites like mine its pointless to have the damn thing in all the villages...made a change to hauntedhouse.php to add a location setting so it would be in only one place, my city.  If y'all want that comment back and let me know Cheesy

Ha! In my haste to write it up (An admin wanted same day service, lol) I forgot to set the location! I have now changed it MYSELF, no need to email. I've also added some new toys to it. The new file is attached below. Wink
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:10:12 PM by Minato » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online