• August 21, 2017, 03:21:58 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voodoo Priestess for 98  (Read 8555 times)
lonnyl
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2005, 04:28:56 PM »

Updated to ver 1.83.....  now searches colored names properly...
Arvex
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 11:15:28 AM »

Hello.

I've just installed Version 2.1 from your site, and haven't had it before. But it doesen't work how it should be. Users can't cast a curse or a spell. When they hit 'Submit' they get a 'badnav.php' Link. Maybe this occurs, while the game runs under a subdomaine, or what can be the problem?

regards, Arvex
lonnyl
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 05:30:20 AM »

Not sure why you would get a badnav... I just looked through the code and everything appears to be ok... It also is working for me......
XChrisX
Global Moderator
Mod God

Be aware of the squirrel!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 05:59:27 AM »

Might have something to do with "register globals" turned on or off... You are using $_GET['spell'] e.g. for cerating the navs.

Maybe Arvex is running a PHP version prior to 4.1.0, where $_GET wasn't implemented yet. So, there won't be an error, but the value might be NULL.

Just an idea...

Running for more than three years now:
Arvex
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 07:48:25 AM »

Hello,

No, I'm running PHP Version 4.3.3. But I'll check the 'register globals' setting, maybe this is the reason. I'll report later, if changing the setting works.

regards, Arvex
Penbrock
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 11:46:18 PM »

Not sure why you would get a badnav... I just looked through the code and everything appears to be ok... It also is working for me......
I am getting the same thing. Is this just for LotGD version .98 or is it OK to use it on 1.06?
Iori
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 10:39:28 PM »

In lib/voodoopriestess.php,

change line 131 to
Code:
increment_module_pref("alignment",2,"alignment");

and change line 136 to
Code:
increment_module_pref("alignment",-2,"alignment");

Iori, this is not a discussion thread for Voodoo Priestess, and your correction is likely to go unnoticed and unactioned.  Please post your suggestion here with a brief explanation of why the change is necessary.

Thanks

The change is needed here due to the fact that the game cannot find the function align(), and therefore will throw an error and not let the player proceed any further when choosing to use spells that modifies alignment. (An alternative fix is to point the module to the file where align() is defined)

Stryfe
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 04:37:13 PM »

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: align() in /home/www/firestorms.freehostia.com/modules/lib/voodoopriestess.php on line 131

i get this error when you click on the intended players name for the curse. how do i fix it? ( Mind i cant code and stuff so i'd appreciate as much help as possible please)
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: align() in /home/www/firestorms.freehostia.com/modules/lib/voodoopriestess.php on line 131

i get this error when you click on the intended players name for the curse. how do i fix it? ( Mind i cant code and stuff so i'd appreciate as much help as possible please)

Ummm...did you READ and FOLLOW the instructions in the post immediately preceding yours?

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
Stryfe
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 10:10:39 AM »

urm no i didnt, but its fixed now. Thanks Smiley
Diego6666
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2007, 09:24:54 PM »

This might be a stupid question Tongue....but I have to ask, I have came across a lot of this Align modules that  don't have or need more string of code added to it, and the codes are found and posted in the disscusion thread, but yet the module is not updated and fixed, so when somebody downloads the module and installs it they end up with a problem that has already been addressed, why not just add the fix to the module instead of leaving a module that does not work on here?

and I am not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I really want to know.
ShadowRaven
Mod God

Silence is a virtue...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2007, 09:34:26 PM »

There are probably 100+ modules that might use alignment.
So unless some really bored person with no life and alot of time on their hands wants to go through every single module that needs that line of code and edit it or the author of the module does it, we will have to deal with people who don't search and find the answer to this particular problem before posting about it. Wink

Also most of the modules that need these edits, the author is no where to be found anymore to make the updates.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 09:37:27 PM by ShadowRaven » Logged

Diego6666
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2007, 09:38:12 PM »

Alright understandable,

OK so...if some one was to put the fix in, would that person just post it in the origanal thread, or make a new one?

and perhaps this better go into a different thread?
sense it is not about this module, but all of them in general
ShadowRaven
Mod God

Silence is a virtue...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2007, 09:40:59 PM »

I would think it would be better to post the fixed module attachment in the original thread, so it would be easier to find in a search and we wouldn't have 2 threads going for the same module.

Diego6666
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2007, 09:42:46 PM »

Alright then, Smiley

Thank you very much ma'am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
20 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search