• June 25, 2017, 05:14:04 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Relative Retirement for Support of my Modules  (Read 7849 times)
DaveS
Mod God

Dfly... you know, as in DaveFly

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2008, 10:21:44 PM »

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to post a little "hello" and explain where my life is and why I haven't been doing much here anymore.

My wife and I have 2 kids (Lily at 2.5 years, Noah at 8 months) and they are a bit of a time vacuum.  Work has also been busy and I don't have much free time at this moment in life to code; especially since summer means going outside more and sitting in front of the computer less.

I know that there are a couple of my modules out there that have bugs that would benefit from updates but I'm just not going to be able to do that at this point in life and I'm not sure when I will be able to.  Also, I feel like my last big module (the Egg Expansion) is a good place to exit at.

Anyone that wants to fix known bugs to my modules is welcome to make those changes and submit them for updating. Do you want to make the modules even better? Cool! I just want to put some guidelines down for you to use:

1.  Give yourself credit:  If you're debugging, add a couple // lines explaining what you fixed
2.  Make your modifications an option:  If you want to expand the orchard xl to give more fruit, just make it a setting.  "Allow users to pick one of each fruit per day" as a setting would be very nice compared to just putting in major changes.
3.  Update the Version: You don't have to branch off into new versions... just add one to the last decimal and it's good to go.

Any questions, please send me a note.  I'll still check in every once in a while. I miss you guys and I hope you are all doing well.

Sincerely,

DaveS
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:24:15 PM by DaveS » Logged

Check out my Last Module:
The Dragon Eggs Expansion
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=8474.0

About my Retirement:
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=9080

See my complete module list here:
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=3038.0
rebeltaz
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 10:35:51 PM »

I've only been a member of this community for a month or so now, but I have come to associate your moniker with great work. I am sorry to see that you will no longer be offering great code, but I am happy to see that some people still put first things first! Good luck in your future endeavors and may God be with you.

---
Derek Tombrello
www.RobotsAndComputers.c om
kickme
Global Moderator
Mod God

Yay for elephants!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »

I know that the modules on my server with the greatest attraction to the players are ones you've created. The creativeness in your modules has given them great replay ability.

You will surely be missed.

Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka
dave404
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 05:50:01 PM »

You'll be missed. Your modules are consistently excellent.

Best of luck to you and your family.
robert
Old Dog
Mod God

LoGD Buff!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:21 PM »

Dave, it has been a pleasure to use your modules and chat with you once in awhile.  Your contributions to the community are well received and adored by the players.   However, life continues onward and you need to do as you see fit.  There will always be a place for you in the LoGD community.

Best wishes,
robert
 Cool

Afkamm
Mod God

MarcTheSlayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 01:03:57 PM »

Ach, didn't know you had "retired". Heh. Smiley

Even though I only discovered LoGD January this year, thanks for the help you've given people and the modules you've written over the years. Smiley

seekey
Codemeister

Demon to some but Angel to others

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 09:21:03 PM »

I am very very sad to read your lines and I can guarantee you, that you will be missed a lot.

Thanks for all your work, Dave. Your ideas and modules are some of the greatest in the whole community and I think I can speak for my players, too. They are loving your stuff and without your modules our server could not be what it is right now.

So, I bow low to a very great one and there will be a big hole after you have gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
26 Guests, 1 User
TGTarheel
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search