• July 15, 2018, 04:11:42 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comments on the halfling module  (Read 3887 times)
Kendaer
« on: September 08, 2004, 12:14:23 PM »

I only see one glaring error Smiley

This is your handling of the pvp adjustment. (it gives them a +1 to attack  when they are attacked in pvp (basically prevents them from losing their racial bonus as a pvp defender) -- you need to modify it to be correct for the race).

Also, I'm not sure that a +.6 to attack and to defense would work out reasonably.  Heck even the +1 of the trolls/elfs is pretty meaningless at higher levels.

(hmm. thought just occured there.. hmmmmm...)

The other bits are translation readiness things, but those I just did to the core code today, so.... Smiley
Mapfiend
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 09:40:09 PM »

I only see one glaring error Smiley

This is your handling of the pvp adjustment. (it gives them a +1 to attack  when they are attacked in pvp (basically prevents them from losing their racial bonus as a pvp defender) -- you need to modify it to be correct for the race).
This is probably left over from the racetroll module. This was my first attempt at a mod. I did it at the request of the players.

Also, I'm not sure that a +.6 to attack and to defense would work out reasonably.  Heck even the +1 of the trolls/elfs is pretty meaningless at higher levels.
This is probably due to ignorance on my part. I saw the troll only got a +1 to attack, and didn't want to overpower the halfling. (I'm assuming you're saying the modifiers I gave the halfling are too low, but not sure)

(hmm. thought just occured there.. hmmmmm...)

The other bits are translation readiness things, but those I just did to the core code today, so.... Smiley
not quite sure what this bit means... Tongue
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 12:06:51 AM »

What Kendaer is saying about the 0.6 being too low is this... once players are about 20 dragon kills (and sometimes earlier) they realise it is crazy to bother being a troll or an elf, as they only add +1 to the attack or defence. When you think about it, that's only maybe 5 to 10 percent added, depending on how they spent their dragon points. At that stage it becomes much more attractive to be a Dwarf and get the extra gold in order to improve your weapon and armour sooner.

We've just adjusted the troll and elf on Central to make them a multiplier rather than a simple addition of +1. Hopefully this gives players more choice than just Dwarf as they reach higher dragon kills.

SaucyWench
Owner of GemDust.com and Darton City proudly hosted by LunarPages
Kendaer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 08:02:59 AM »

No Saucy, they are still an addition not a multiplier, but they now increase as you increase in levels.

Trolls get +1 to attack at level 1 up to +4 at level 15.
Elves similarly get +1 on defense up to +4 at level 15.

This actually does bring them back into line mostly with dwarves and humans where the benefit you get from them increases as you increase levels but not as you increase DK. It's still probably going to be more attractive to choose a dwarf rather than a troll at higher dks though (though hopefully less attractive), but I don't want to make the bonuses based on DK at all.
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 10:05:02 PM »

Effectively.

Tongue

SaucyWench
Owner of GemDust.com and Darton City proudly hosted by LunarPages
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: