• August 18, 2017, 08:43:11 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petra the Tattoo Artist  (Read 11815 times)
robert
Old Dog
Mod God

LoGD Buff!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 09:21:51 AM »

Hello...  I know this is very trivial, and I feel guilty for posting this; but could someone give me a hand on how to remove tattoos for players please?  Some of my players are regretting getting some of the tattoos (kinda like how it is in real life, heh), and I'm clueless on how to help them.  

Just as in real life, yes people do regret tattoo's and pay dearly to have them removed - the usual cost for removal of a tattoo is about 10X the cost of getting it - I hope the high cost of removal is figured in when this mod is updated.

Kirfane
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2006, 11:10:03 PM »

I feel like a bit of an idiot for having to ask, but in all honesty I can't tell from the code/comments...

Does the Petra module included in the Core Modules download (petra.php v1.31) affect the stats of players in normal play? (Their att/def/HP/charm etc) I see the tatpower equation in the code and references to tattoo's "power" and "benefits" in the comments, but outside of this module I only see a reference to it in the tatmonster.php module, which I haven't currently installed.
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

short, sweet and to the point

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2006, 11:22:34 PM »

the tats acquired from petra only affect the player's stats upon encountering the tatmonster. in all other fights there is no benefit to the player in normal play.

other than that, they will show in the player's bio as to which design(s) they hath purchased.  for players who enjoy roleplay it gives them something to use to mold the look of their character when describing themselves.

Uuma ma ten rashwe, ta tuluva a lle

Play the latest beta version here on LoGD DragonPrime - Axebridge
Kirfane
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2006, 11:24:21 PM »

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, and the quick reply  Smiley
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2006, 11:27:16 PM »

ye are welcome!  Smiley

also, the default for the healing time for a tat is 21 days. tis significantly longer than what it takes for a real tat to heal.  the idea being, it keeps the players from buying tats in immediate succession.

SinisterDragon
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2006, 11:59:47 PM »

it depends on the amount of work that goes into a real tat Wink
i got my first one like 3 days before my 18th birthday....(my only one to date....lol)
it took about 2 weeks for the actual healing...and then the skin peeled (like when you get a bad sunburn) for about 2 more weeks after that.

What i was wondering, is if i could come up with some decent images (for the basic tats that come built in the module or w/e) would you be willing/wanting to incorperate them into the module? just so that players can actually see the tat they are bouts to receive?

XChrisX
Global Moderator
Mod God

Be aware of the squirrel!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 12:03:12 AM »

3 weeks is okay for a tat to heal... Just think of Petra not sterilizing the needle after tattooing the troll and the dwarf in front of the line... Be happy that there are (yet) no other complications. :p

Running for more than three years now:
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2006, 12:08:35 AM »

it depends on the amount of work that goes into a real tat Wink
i got my first one like 3 days before my 18th birthday....(my only one to date....lol)
it took about 2 weeks for the actual healing...and then the skin peeled (like when you get a bad sunburn) for about 2 more weeks after that.

What i was wondering, is if i could come up with some decent images (for the basic tats that come built in the module or w/e) would you be willing/wanting to incorperate them into the module? just so that players can actually see the tat they are bouts to receive?

hmmm... depends on the amount of work that goes into a real tat.  Wink

i have over 50 hours worth of ink on my skin. i typically heal in four days from each session with all skin peeled as ye describe and ready for more ink.

as for imagery, if ye can hook it into the module, since this is opensource code it is completely up to ye if ye wish to write something.

granted, what i may envision as a rose or a skull may be different than what someone else does. tis part of the joy of this game. the use of the imagination to fill in the blanks of the text description.

there is no reason why ye shouldn't create a module. t'would be up to the individual admins whether or not they wish to implement on their servers.

btw, petra was written by the saucywench. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:10:43 AM by Elessa » Logged

SinisterDragon
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006, 12:16:40 AM »

of course, they would be images off of the net (it would probably be easiest for me to just provide you with the links Wink )

Also, if you do this, it might be wise to use an option to enable/disable the image feature, as i have seen some people say that they do not like anything that adds imagery to the game.

I kindof agree with this, as it sortof ruins the text-based effect, and motivating people to actually use their imagination for once...

but, i also believe that if the ability is there, then it should be up to the game Admin, if not even the players, on whether or not imagery is used Wink

and i figured it was written by saucy, when it was that name that started the thread Wink

-=sortofofftopic=-
i would love to get more tats...but i am limited by where i put them.  I am extremely sensitive (ticklish if you may) almost everywhere.  So, i am limited to just about only my arms, legs, and head (dun think i wanna go with the head...i never liked that idea)   My tat is of a sword, that has a dragon hanging onto the hilt, and it's tail wrapped around the blade.  I love the guy who did it.  He's a very good artist, and he did excellent shading work.  I wasn't sure on what colors usually stick with a tattoo, so i let him go with it.  It's a green dragon...and a light-green/blue tinted blade.
On the healing, most of it depends on the person's ability to heal.  I dun heal quite as fast as i wish i did.  And i'm sure having 50+ hours of work/ink helps that out quite a bit Wink
-=givespermissiontogetbackontopic=-

Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 12:24:58 AM »

and i figured it was written by saucy, when it was that name that started the thread Wink

the way ye phrased the question, i wasn't sure whose permission ye were seeking.  Wink

danbi
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2007, 03:06:17 AM »

There is an typo on line 234 in modules/petra.php

Code:
} elseif ($lasttime > $maxtime*.7) {

should be

Code:
} elseif ($lasttat > $maxtime*.7) {
Nightborn
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2007, 03:21:25 AM »

Code:
   } elseif ($lasttat > $maxttime*.8) {

and right above, maxttime is never defined, maxtime is.
kickme
Global Moderator
Mod God

Yay for elephants!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 01:46:35 PM »

Fixed in SVN.

Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka
Magpie
Codemeister

Magpie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2009, 12:18:58 PM »

Hello...  I know this is very trivial, and I feel guilty for posting this; but could someone give me a hand on how to remove tattoos for players please?  Some of my players are regretting getting some of the tattoos (kinda like how it is in real life, heh), and I'm clueless on how to help them.  

Hey, old post I know - but would anyone be willing to offer me advice as to how to delete tattoos - I have players that no longer want them. I'd use SQL, but I'm so not mentally equipped to do such things whilst ensuring that I don't break the account. Please help! Thanks.

Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2017, 11:58:53 PM »

Incredibly old post... Has anyone ever revamped the Petra's Tattoo module to make it more usable, so that we don't need to directly edit the module to modify the tattoos? If not, I'll go ahead and do so myself.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
24 Guests, 1 User