• December 13, 2017, 06:20:18 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petra the Tattoo Artist  (Read 12630 times)
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 30, 2004, 07:42:42 PM »

(and the assembly line churns away)

Petra, the tattoo artist. Alluded to in the Kitchen mod, she also offers a discount if the player has the feather that Lauri places on their plate in the Kitchen's special event of "crow cake". Each tattoo bought will appear in the player's bio.

On its own, the tattoos are nothing but a gem drain. I have plans however for the tattoos to have another use with a (future) mod to be coded.

This will be part of the core download I think, when Pre Release 5 comes out shortly.

A large amount of the code (specifically the part remembering the previous tattoos) is courtesy of Kendaer. Mad props, etc. =)

This module is now in the core.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 03:01:52 PM by SaucyWench » Logged

SaucyWench
Owner of GemDust.com and Darton City proudly hosted by LunarPages
Hooker
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 11:13:06 AM »

hows about  having a description of the tatto in the players bio.. and also the option to have their lovers name on there 9stays per even if the lover changes Tongue)

Sichae
iMod God
SVN Users
Mod God

If ya didn't get it by now... you're hopeless...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 11:18:25 AM »

Very Nice Module Saucy.

There are some errors, where it refers to Petra as a he...

If you didn't understand anything in the above post, don't try to attempt anything suggested.

SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 02:24:48 PM »

The description does appear in the bio. I did not consider custom tattoos because the mod is keeping track of which ones the player has for later on.

And thank you Sichae, I will have a look at where I have typeoh'd...

SaucyWench
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 02:27:50 PM »

Oh, I see what you mean. No, this line
output("`7The elf gets back to his drawing as you gaze about and try to decide.");

is referring to Petra's assistant from the first part:
output("`7A tiny elf looks up from a sketch pad and smiles at you as you enter the shop.");

SaucyWench
Spider
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 03:20:52 PM »

nice addition, it's always good to have something for my players to throw money and gems at to their hearts content :-)

you missed out a comma in the prefs array though:
Code:
         "tatname"=>"List of recent tattoosviewonly|none",

should read

Code:
         "tatname"=>"List of recent tattoos,viewonly|none",
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 03:56:37 PM »

That was Kendaer =)

Thank you.

SaucyWench
Sichae
iMod God
SVN Users
Mod God

If ya didn't get it by now... you're hopeless...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 04:16:04 PM »

Aw, sorry about the alarm Saucy. I guess I should've read a little closer. But good mod after all.

If you didn't understand anything in the above post, don't try to attempt anything suggested.

lonnyl
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 04:21:58 PM »

Well.. this is a great mod.... The one thing I would really like.... customizable tatoos.... I have  fielded a bunch of requests for Custom Tatoos.  Would be an easy set of settings values...
lonnyl
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 07:00:35 AM »

Well... took a few minutes this morning and added 1 custom tatoo with comments in the file where I made the changes (just a few)..... changed the download link to the file I uploaded here.... I will remove this if Saucy decided to integrate it.... and only added 1 custom tatoo as more of a how-to.  Should be easy to add any number of custom tatoo fields as this module was built fairly flexible....

Anyway as I said.... will be removing the link if this becomes part of the "official" module.

http://dragonprime.net/users/lonnyl/petra.zip
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 12:23:14 PM »

I've asked Kendaer to have a look (mainly because noncapitalised tattoos would bug me - call me fussy) but when he has I'm happy for the changes to go into the next pre release.

Thanks! =)

SaucyWench
lonnyl
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 12:30:22 PM »

There is no reason that the tatoo could not be capitalized....... at least I don't think.... didn't bother to do much, just make sure the code worked.... and because of the way the tatoo is stored for a player... one could change a custom tatoo every day.....  The only problem I forsee is if someone timed out and the tatoo was changed in the meantime (could produce a badnav)....

and I would say 6 to 10 custom tatoos would be more than enough for most games.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 12:30:59 PM by lonnyl » Logged
lonnyl
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 01:04:18 PM »

as a matter of fact if upper case doesn't work... one could lcase(get_module_setting('customtat1')).... to get it to lowercase....
lonnyl
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 01:27:05 PM »

Ok... after playing a bit... changing a tatoo will uncolorize a tatoo... sooooo.... I think storing the color tatoo in the tatname pref would solve that... and would no longer need translation in the bio, but would only need to display the tatoo name.....
Kendaer
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 10:54:56 PM »

There were actually reasons for not storing the colorized version in the pref but I don't remember what they were off hand.

Anyway, the changes you made and which Saucy pushed onto the test site are in the code and will be available in the next pre-release in a few moments.

ucfirst() is a wonderful function btw Smiley

Also Lonny, when you made the mods, you did them against an older version of the module so you'd lost some of the debuglog info and some of the tlschema() function calls needed for translation so I added those back.   If you're modding a piece of core code (anything distributed as part of the core) you should always try to mod the latest version Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
18 Guests, 0 Users