• June 25, 2017, 05:06:23 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea about making dev life easier (maby)  (Read 2801 times)
Kermit
« on: August 30, 2004, 10:10:37 AM »

How hard would it be to make it so when a module calls a hook it sends a debug message (core change I know) so that devers can see when and what hooks exist easily?  Been spending alot of time reading code to find them, but they are good at hiding some times Smiley.
Kendaer
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 02:40:56 PM »

How hard would it be to make it so when a module calls a hook it sends a debug message (core change I know) so that devers can see when and what hooks exist easily?  Been spending alot of time reading code to find them, but they are good at hiding some times Smiley.

grep (on unix) or search in files (on microsoft) for 'modulehook('

that should find you all of them.  really.
Kermit
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 03:04:17 PM »

No, that tells me where they are in code, not when they run on the system Smiley.  Visual aids are nice.  Course I've already made the change on my test environment, its why I asked if the Dev team would make it an option in the main system.
Kendaer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 08:12:12 PM »

No, that tells me where they are in code, not when they run on the system Smiley.  Visual aids are nice.  Course I've already made the change on my test environment, its why I asked if the Dev team would make it an option in the main system.

Where they are in the code determines when they run in the system.. They run when the piece of code which contains them executes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
54 Guests, 0 Users