• May 21, 2018, 03:36:00 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jobs - Even More by Lonnyl, Even More by DaveS  (Read 8755 times)
RaynDarren
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 02:29:56 PM »

Greetings!

First, DaveS, I love this module Cheesy. Second, I was wondering if another "job" could be added? I would attempt it myself, but as all the functions are in differnt files, I'm already confused Sad.

The new "job" i'm looking to add would be a Garden. All sorts of veggies, herbs and even domesticated flowres could be grown there.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
~Rayn

DaveS
Mod God

Dfly... you know, as in DaveFly

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 08:38:11 AM »

It wouldn't be a problem; more like a hassle. It might just be easier to use the translator to turn one of the other jobs into a gardner since I was making half that stuff up anyway. Wink

Check out my Last Module:
The Dragon Eggs Expansion
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=8474.0

About my Retirement:
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=9080

See my complete module list here:
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=3038.0
RaynDarren
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 03:30:35 PM »

Okie, I'll give that a shot, Smiley/

Thanks,
~Rayn

RaynDarren
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 01:51:42 AM »

Has anyone had the problem of only the woodshop being able to be run by a player? My players report that the only manager position for work is the Woodshop. I've seen on other servers where this is not the case, and players can manage any job. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rayn

MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 05:29:56 AM »

A bug was found, nothing serious.  I've added returns as the code wasn't wrapping causing the page width to break.

Code:
<?php
//3 Brewery
elseif ($j==3$comment=translate_inline(array("","You make ale.","You clean the machinery.",
"You sweep the floor.","You fix machinery.","You unload hops.","You bottle ale.",
"You work the line.","You load bottles onto wagons.","You slack off for a while."));
//4 Textile Mill
elseif ($j==4$comment=translate_inline(array("","You make cloth.","You clean the machinery.",
"You sweep the floor.","You fix machinery.","You make leather.","You bundle cloth.",
"You bundle leather.","You load cloth and leather onto wagons.","You slack off for a while."));

The text for the textile mill should be 3 and the brewery text should be 4.
ie:
Code:
<?php
//3 Textile Mill
elseif ($j==3$comment=translate_inline(array("","You make cloth.","You clean the machinery.",
"You sweep the floor.","You fix machinery.","You make leather.","You bundle cloth.",
"You bundle leather.","You load cloth and leather onto wagons.","You slack off for a while."));
//4 Brewery
elseif ($j==4$comment=translate_inline(array("","You make ale.","You clean the machinery.",
"You sweep the floor.","You fix machinery.","You unload hops.","You bottle ale.",
"You work the line.","You load bottles onto wagons.","You slack off for a while."));

Smiley

Check My Modules for the latest versions.
Ironmars
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 06:35:14 AM »

Sorry to bring up a old topic, would there be a way to make it so you can join any job without the experience?
ArthuruhtrA
Mod God

chown -R us ./base

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 07:58:03 AM »

Yes. Just find the code for the job center and modify the if statement that ensures you have the requisite experience for the job to just list all of them. Also change the code in each location that checks to see if you have enough experience for that individual job.
I hope that made sense.

I'm around rarely, If you wish to contact me, please email me.
My Modules, such as can be found here.
Ironmars
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »

I understand just I probably won't be able to do it. I'll try but my FTP is being demented lol.
Magoo
Militia

I'm a Noobie till I die!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »

Hire a coder that knows how to code, and stop pretending that you are a coder... Changing the names in a race does not a coder make... You passed yourself off as a coder to a new site, all I have seen here in the past week are posts from you asking simple questions about simple fixes that the lowest degree of coder would be able to figure out.

Dont get me wrong I am all for a person that wants to learn, but until you learn even the basics of coding dont get yourself hired to a site as a coder.  You would cause more harm than good, and yelling at the site owner is not usually a good way to be kept either..

Sorry folks but I had to say something about this guyin the hopes no one takes him on as a full time coder.

Founder of the Mighty Blind Fury Clan
Ironmars
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »

Don't insult me! Next time know your topic, I didn't yell at the owner and I am a learner. I know the basics and am getting better by the day. Next time you got something to say, PM me don't post it when you have no clue what happened.
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »

Stay on topic and leave your personal attacks out of Dragonprime.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
Ironmars
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »

By the way, i did it...

For future people: go to your /modules/jobs folder than to jobs.php in there. change the line 8 with all the exp to

Code:
$exp=array(0);

I did that and it works fine Smiley Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
20 Guests, 1 User
Aeolus
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search