• July 18, 2019, 01:48:09 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race - Swamp Ogre  (Read 2717 times)
ThricebornPhoenix
Codemeister

Dying is the easy part.

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2007, 07:05:20 AM »

Module Title: Swamp Ogre
Category: Race
Version: 1.15
Author: ThricebornPhoenix
Download: http://www.freewebs.com/brokenpremise/raceswampogre.zip

A neutral race that grows as the player ages.

This race is alignment-ready, with default min/max alignment values in the default neutral range (34-65). If the alignment module is not active, the player is assumed to be in alignment range. If it is, the player will receive two warnings for being too good or too evil - if the player is still out of alignment on the third day, their race is reset and an item added to the news.

Note: as of 1.15, there are no 'age' settings. There is one buff; the HP, attack, and defense all increase gradually to their caps (10, 3, and 2, respectively). The name of the buff does still change a specific ages.

Much of the code is based on Sichae's Storm Giant race.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 12:29:22 AM by ThricebornPhoenix » Logged

"I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying."
XChrisX
Global Moderator
Mod God

Be aware of the squirrel!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 08:54:29 AM »

May I suggest something?  Grin

Instead of applying "real" hitpoints to the player and fuzzying around with taking them away again and such stuff: Use tempstats.
This race is a prime example on how tempstats can save you a lot of trouble and when to use them.

Have a look at tynan.php on how to use tempstats in a buff...

You could simply check for the dragonage, and apply either 0, 1, 3 or 5 tempstat hitpoints (this can be done automatically within the buff... Wink )

Running for more than three years now:
ThricebornPhoenix
Codemeister

Dying is the easy part.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 09:43:01 AM »

Hmm... I think I get it (I'm tired and not thinking well, so who knows Roll Eyes)... but why dragonage? Huh Isn't that the age at which you last killed the dragon?

"I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying."
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

short, sweet and to the point

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:58:46 AM »

i am going to hold off on uploading the file until ye and xchrisx finish discussing the particulars.  i will then upload the changed file if it needs tweaked. if not, i will upload that which hast been submitted already.

Uuma ma ten rashwe, ta tuluva a lle

Play the latest beta version here on LoGD DragonPrime - Axebridge
ThricebornPhoenix
Codemeister

Dying is the easy part.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 11:33:34 AM »

Ah, I was just going to modify my submission post to ask you to wait for the next version Cheesy Thanks.

I've made some changes (this 'tempstat' intrigues me, and I must learn more), and it seems the hitpoint-restoration of newday takes place before the buff is effected. It's a minor thing, but I'd prefer it to start you at full health. I suppose this could be remedied by one line of code....

XChrisX
Global Moderator
Mod God

Be aware of the squirrel!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 11:50:53 AM »

If you apply a tempstat-buff on newday, you have to add the hitpoints by yourself... yes. unfortunately (or you use "newday-intercept" or "header-newday" if you don't output any text.

And yes... I meant age.  Embarrassed

Running for more than three years now:
ThricebornPhoenix
Codemeister

Dying is the easy part.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 12:34:59 AM »

I've done the tempstat conversion, and readjusted the attack and defense modifiers as well (it was, I think, about equal to the donator race Storm Giant... should be a tad weaker now). I modified my submission post with the new version as the attachment. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
126 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search