• September 24, 2018, 01:11:37 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean Quest by DaveS V5.25  (Read 24151 times)
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2008, 09:01:44 PM »

Mwahahaha, I just scrolled up the page and I see I posted it already. I blame Sixf00t4, he hasn't updated the file on his server yet. =)

Check My Modules for the latest versions.
Caesar
Codemeister

I love that bear

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2008, 12:12:50 AM »

Whats the point of you doing all the work and him not updating them  Cheesy

Dum Diddy Dum

[Witty Comment] yes what a  BBCode[/comment]
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2008, 09:19:34 AM »

This isn't a biggy, just something I noticed.

Drinking from the stream on the island with the cave.
modules/oceanquest/oceanquest_island.php Lines: 55 onwards.

&op3 will increase if you keep clicking the "drink from stream" link, but if you don't reach the maximum (10 tries) and go away to the cave/beach, the &op3 resets back to zero and you can click it some more times when you come back.

You can keep repeating this until you either get a gem or drink 10 times in a row. Only then does $allprefs['stream']=1;

Smiley

DaveS
Mod God

Dfly... you know, as in DaveFly

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2008, 08:39:30 AM »

V5.25

Hi everyone! Yeah, it's been  a while since I've done any updating.  However, I got contacted for a bug with the Docks link and I _think_ i've fixed it.  There was an extra "&&" in the nav for the forest dohook.

Check out my Last Module:
The Dragon Eggs Expansion
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=8474.0

About my Retirement:
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=9080

See my complete module list here:
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=3038.0
rebeltaz
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2008, 09:25:13 PM »

First and most importantly - My players and I love this module! If it weren't for fishing, I might not even play my own game anymore.  Shocked

While I enjoy thought provoking games where you have to search for clues in order to be able to proceed (as opposed to fast action shoot 'em up games), I am stumped. I've been trying to go out on the LuckStar for quite a while now.

After resorting to glancing at the walkthrough, I have no clue where to find the HOF. I have looked in ever nav that I can think of, but I'm still missing it. And even after buying every drink known to Buck, I can't get anything out of that friggin' coaster. Is that a random chance event where you have to keep trying over and over? Do you have to purchase alcohol to reveal it?

I hate asking for help like this, but I am stumped. And none of my players have figured it out either. I guess my players are as dense as I am...  Huh

---
Derek Tombrello
www.RobotsAndComputers.c om
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2008, 12:37:32 PM »

The HOF, or the 'Hall of Fame' can be found in the main village just below the list warriors and daily news nav links. It's not part of the Ocean Quest module. Smiley

autumn13

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2009, 04:06:13 AM »

have a few complaint from a few players looking to find all 4 passports. Have found them digging worms, paying off IOU, and in the HOF but can not find the 4th passport.
rebeltaz
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2009, 08:18:47 AM »

The last one is in the Seaside Pub on a coaster... I found this walkthrough that might help:

http://wiki.dragonprime.net/index.php?title=Ocean_Quest

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

---
Derek Tombrello
rebeltaz
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2009, 10:29:36 PM »

One more question: can you go out on all of the boats?

---
Derek Tombrello
Kotaro
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2009, 11:16:38 PM »

Hey, I'm a player on an LoGD and I've noticed that I've gone a whole system day without the Luckstar being in port.  I'm not sure if the game's admin has the latest one or not.  I can barely get ahold of him sometimes to ask.  I am also thinking of putting this onto my own site because a ton of us players enjoy the fishing and the Ocean Quest.  Due to a module the admin made on his site, the ocean quest resets also after so many dks along with other things (including the dk count to make us work for our points again), so I get to have fun with it over and over again. ^^  Great module, btw. ^^
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2009, 06:17:17 AM »

Sometimes there may be a server glitch on the newday-runonce and your prefs for this module wont get reset to allow you to use it again.

When this happens you'll get the default message that you're getting as your pref still says you have used the module today.

You can only ever travel on 2 ships, the rest wont do anything. A modulehook would have been nice here. ;-)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:21:19 AM by Afkamm » Logged

DaveS
Mod God

Dfly... you know, as in DaveFly

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2009, 07:30:17 AM »

One more question: can you go out on all of the boats?
Nah... the other boats are just decoys.

A modulehook would have been nice here.
Yeah, it COULD be done with a module hook... but I haven't seen enough people modding my modules to add module hooks to good spots.  It's not a problem to add, but I've also found that using "if $modulename=oceanquest && $op==docks && $op2==..." works well; the people modding my code usually are more advanced coders.  <shrugs>

Sometimes there may be a server glitch on the newday-runonce and your prefs for this module wont get reset to allow you to use it again.
This becomes a problem with priorities for the core... sometimes the newday-runonce runs AFTER the newday; so some modules won't get the full reset based on some goofy coding on my behalf.

Check out my Last Module:
The Dragon Eggs Expansion
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=8474.0

About my Retirement:
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=9080

See my complete module list here:
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=3038.0
Kotaro
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »

I took a look and he has version 5.23.  I suggested that he gets the newest version when he starts his newest site.
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2009, 05:06:39 AM »

On Contessa's server the other day there was a database problem, all accounts lost their oceanquest allpref data. They all got replaced with this,

Code:
a:10:{s:7:"coconut";i:0;s:12:"fishingtoday";i:0;s:10:"drinktoday";i:0;s:12:"luckstarsail";i:0;s:7:"fishmap";i:0;s:11:"captaintalk";i:0;s:12:"shipsearches";i:0;s:5:"shore";i:0;s:6:"stream";i:0;s:9:"purchased";i:0;}

I tracked it down to the newday-runonce.php file. Somehow the line that gets and unserializes each player's allprefs data failed (due to the database problem) resulting in the above code being saved to over 150 accounts.

I've altered the code to add in some checks to make sure this doesn't happen again plus I changed the SQL query so there's only 1.

Contessa also tells me that player's have lost data in some of your other modules as well DaveS. Orchard, metal mine, lumberyard, quarry. With any luck the problem wont happen again, but data checks to the newday-runonce files is something you might want to look into. Smiley

File attached.

Kahlan
Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2009, 09:22:48 PM »

UPDATE:  Problem fixed.  There was the comound problem of the discongruent file versions...and a game mechanics setting that was causing the problem.

I'm having this same problem on my server... Can you please tell me what the game mechanics setting problem was?   I've just recently installed it, so I should have all the current file versions.  

Thank you....

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online