Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, '$func['entity_fix']('\2')', to be a valid callback in /nfs/c01/h06/mnt/10927/domains/dragonprime.net/html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ocean Quest by DaveS V5.25
DragonPrime - LoGD Resource Community
Welcome Guest
  • Good morning, Guest.
    Please log in, or register.
  • September 21, 2019, 10:25:06 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean Quest by DaveS V5.25  (Read 29862 times)
Kalisiin
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 03:26:48 PM »

You're only able to fish once per game day, or rather system day, as it were, if the module is working correctly.  And I don't think that is Admin-settable, either.

You SHOULD be able to fish again, the next system day.  If you can't, THEN you have a problem...otherwise, the module is fucntioning as it should, and as it was intended.
owlmoons
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »

Well after 3 more system generated game days, it still says *youve fished enough today already* Any ideas what I could do to fix this myself? Smiley
Kalisiin
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »

Nope.  I never had this problem, I'm afraid.  Mine always has worked right.  If you want to give me your email address, I could email you my zip file on Ocean Quest.  It works on my server, anyway.  Beyond that, I'd actually see what Dave has to say, since he programmed the module.

I merely helped him to playtest it.  He codes circles around me, I can't often make head or tail of HOW he makes some things happen with code.

PM me if you like, and I could email you my copy of the zip on Ocean Quest.

P.S. (WARNING...shameless plug coming...) if you like fishing modules, you might also try Wholly Mackerel Ice Fishing, available here on DP.  This was my first-ever original module, and Dave helped code some of it.  Not to mention he made a major contribution in helping me to solve the parse errors in the if/else statements!  And contributed vastly to my knowledge of how code works, so that I might make more modules...and actually alter some others, too.

Anyway, PM me if you want my file on Ocean Quest, which does work, bug-free, on my server.  By the way, I do not know what version you are running, I run 1.0.6.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 08:59:09 PM by Kalisiin » Logged
owlmoons
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »

Thank you Smiley Pm'n Ya!
Kalisiin
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 08:59:54 PM »

Got it...I hope the attachment works with Hotmail!!
Kalisiin
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 12:26:41 AM »

OK...I got to thinking, and I think I know what your problem might be.  This is a tricky module to upload properly, and I am betting your file directory is not set up correctly, thus it is not encountering the newday hook, and thus, not resetting your prefs to show a newday happened, and that you can fish again.  If you have MSN, I will walk you thru installing this module correctly.

UPDATE: no good.  We uninstalled and removed it from server, and re-installed everything from scratch, same problem.  she had, at some point, updated the file, and only updated the program file, and not all the other files...a big no-no with this.  when you update, you need to update ALL THE FILES AND ALL THE FOLDERS not just the program folder or you get problems!

This should have solved it but didn't.  I'm calling on the Great DaveS to help with this one, i'm outta my league.  She is running 1.1.0.  she claims to have, while we were on MSN last night...to have uninstalled the module, deleted it all from the server, and then re-uploaded everything back to the server from scratch, and re-installed and activated it.

Nevertheless, it still does not work, same problem...it is as if this module is not recognizing that the new day occurred, and that players should be allowed to fish again.  I suggested she may have changed some core coding that is causing problems now, but I do not know if that is the case.

could you help us out here, Dave??

UPDATE:  Problem fixed.  There was the comound problem of the discongruent file versions...and a game mechanics setting that was causing the problem.

At any rate, though, Admins...any time you update one of these files, you can't just update the one program file, you usually need to update ALL THE FILES AND FOLDERS.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:49:50 PM by Kalisiin » Logged
owlmoons
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 09:12:18 AM »

This is such a great Module.. I wanna fish!!!!!  Wink
Iori
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 12:38:44 AM »

The weighgut op has no navs.

From oceanquest\oceanquest_docks.php:

Code:
if ($op2=="weighgut"){
output("`b`c`^Wishing Fish`b`c`7`n");
output("Figuring that the talking fish is probably a liar, you bring him over to the scale.");
$weight=e_rand(32,50);
$pounds=floor($weight/16);
$ounces=$weight-($pounds*16);
output("You check the weight:`n`n`&");
output("%s %s%s",$pounds,translate_inline($pounds>1?"Pounds":"Pound"),translate_inline($ounces>0?",":""));
if ($ounces>0) output("%s %s",$ounces,translate_inline($ounces>1?"Ounces":"Ounce"));
$allprefs['numberfish']++;
$allprefs['fishweight']+=$weight;
if ($weight>$allprefs['bigfish']){
output("`n`nThis is the biggest fish you've ever caught!");
$allprefs['bigfish']=$weight;
}
if ($weight>get_module_setting("dockfish")){
output("`n`nYou've caught the biggest fish on the dock! Your name will be immortalized on the dock... at least until someone else catches a bigger one.");
set_module_setting("dockfish",$weight);
set_module_setting("dockfishangler",$session['user']['name']);
}
set_module_pref('allprefs',serialize($allprefs));
}

DaveS
Mod God

Dfly... you know, as in DaveFly

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 08:37:56 PM »

V5.22

Added the missing navs for the wish fish...

Okay,I never REALLY expected someone to actually GUT the Wish fish!! What kind of evil player found these missing navs?Huh Wink

Check out my Last Module:
The Dragon Eggs Expansion
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=8474.0

About my Retirement:
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=9080

See my complete module list here:
http://dragonprime.net/index.php?topic=3038.0
Iori
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 08:39:15 PM »

V5.22

Okay,I never REALLY expected someone to actually GUT the Wish fish!! What kind of evil player found these missing navs?Huh Wink

I did, hehehe...  Grin

Kalisiin
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 11:02:24 PM »

V5.22

I have never even FOUND a wish fish.  What the heck is it?

I have hauled in over 6000 pounds of fish, and never once ran across a wish fish.
DaveS
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 11:44:50 PM »

You left the docks too soon.

About my Retirement:

Dragon89
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »

Some players are having a hard time with the Luckstar being in port.  2 players say that they have waited 2 days now and still no Luckstar.  It looks as though they have done the required tasks when looking at the prefs.  Any ideas?  I think that they are just not waiting long enough but who knows...

-- Edit:
As I suspected the ships take a server generated newday before it is in port instead of a new gameday.  Players were just impatient. Smiley

Awesome work Dave!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:47:43 PM by Dragon89 » Logged
DaveS
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »

It was just one of my ploys to slow down the success of completing the module Smiley

About my Retirement:

Heaps2
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »

Can you give me the Walkthrough please? I'm an adminstrator on the website, ancientgreece.fr33webhos t.com.

I hate you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
76 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search