• September 25, 2018, 06:49:36 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yggdrasil, The Tree Of Life  (Read 1932 times)
Kalisiin
« on: January 01, 2007, 05:30:44 PM »

This module was based off Ramius Crystals - but unlike that module, this only appears in the living realm.  The reason for this is because Yggdrasil was the Tree of Life in Norse mythology, and existed only in the earthly plane.  It did not make sense, from a realism point of view, to make Yggdrasil available from Valhalla.

There is also, coming soon, a pack which includes Yggdrasil (with tweaks for making alignment a part of it) and a remake of Ramius Crystals which also has the same tweaks.  For those who wish to add yet an extra element to their games.  It penalizes GOOD players who give to Ramius, and EVIL players who give to Yggdrasil.
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

I'm not a programmer, writing texts is my hobby.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:34:18 AM »

I like this module and the tweaks that penalise good players giving to Ramius and bad players giving to Ygdrasil. It also gives the admin of the game the possibility to create a counterpart to Ramius. Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 10:08:28 AM »

I like this module and the tweaks that penalise good players giving to Ramius and bad players giving to Ygdrasil. It also gives the admin of the game the possibility to create a counterpart to Ramius. Best, WW

That was part of the intent when I created this.  The other part of my intent, which this serves...was to anable those currently good wishing to go evil...a way to do so...and vice versa, those Evil wishing to go Good would have another avenue to get there.

Allows for players to work to change their alignment is they so choose to.

Obviously Evil players are not "rewarded" for giving to Ramius as it is EXPECTED...and good players not rewarded for giving to Odin/Yggdrasil for the same reason...it is expected.

One tweak I might make, in hindsight...would be to, on new day, penalize good players who did NOT give to Odin/Yggdrasil for NOT giving...and penalize Evil players who did not give to Ramius.  Thus there results a possible benefit in being Neutral.

That last bit was just me thinking out load and documenting the thought in case I should decide to pursue this idea with the module I "created" - though this was truly more a conversion of the Ramius' Crystals thing in the first place, with the reward/penalty to alignment my addition.  It was originally done in order to place more things in Valhalla, because, at one time, there was not much to DO in Valhalla.  Players complained about it...and it also led to Admins under-utilizing the Valhalla module, which I liked.  So I undertook rewriting several Shades modules to make them work in Valhalla.  My first-ever coding project, actually.  And totally a reverse-engineering of what other coders had already authored.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:12:05 AM by TGTarheel » Logged
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:24:33 AM »

I like these ideas. Odin and Ramius are thus defined as each other's nemesises by this module, and eventually could be used for capturing phoenix/fairydragon for Ramius, and Gargoyle for Odin? Just a thought. Best, WW

"Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself." (cfr. Albus Dumbledore, "Harry Potter and the philosopher Stone", chapter 17).
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 11:37:24 AM »

I like these ideas. Odin and Ramius are thus defined as each other's nemesises by this module, and eventually could be used for capturing phoenix/fairydragon for Ramius, and Gargoyle for Odin? Just a thought. Best, WW

Except that, on MY site, I have no interest in tying the Fairy Dragon to this...and no intention of using the Gargoyle, ever.

Incidentally, did you know that gargoyles are NOT actually symbols of or agents of evil...quite the opposite, actually.
Wolfsbanewillow
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 05:56:13 AM »

I know gargoyles aren't evil, but in the Gargoyle module Ender made it an evil creature, I think. I know that Gargoyles are meant to protect. Best, WW

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
26 Guests, 1 User