• October 16, 2018, 10:48:03 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini Bosses by DaveS V5.03  (Read 9332 times)
Astarael|Jack
Codemeister

Lord Procrastinator and King of Cheap

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 07:18:28 PM »

Use my link in my Signature, and teach yourself how to code. The easiest way is to do what you want to happen is learn how to code and do it yourself. Either that or Google is your friend

Wraith
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 07:25:10 PM »

Ok.  Now we're making progress.  Thought something like that, minus it being dragons.  The Balrog module--look here:

http://dragonprime.net/index.php?module=Downloads;sa=dlview;id=1108

(What version are you using?)

Make it a dragon.  Or a flight of dragons even.
Silient
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 07:28:52 PM »

1.something.something. Whatever the newest is lol. I think thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
Literally the exact module. I've seen this before.

Wraith
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »

I obviously agree with the previous post.

Use my link in my Signature, and teach yourself how to code. The easiest way is to do what you want to happen is learn how to code and do it yourself. Either that or Google is your friend

It is the best answer possible.
Wraith
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 07:33:05 PM »

Yes, given what you're asking, so far, that should do the trick.  And, by version, I mean of DPs LotGD.  I don't need to know it, in this case, as you only need check that this version of that module is compatible with what version of DPs LotGD you're wanting to run it with.
Wraith
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »

So there's no misunderstanding, I do hope the module is what you're seeking; I think it is.  If you have any trouble with it, make a post, and you could even message me the link to such if you'd want in case I don't see it.  I don't login each day, but I think I'm pretty familiar with that module by now to possibly be of some help if you need it, if not helped before then already.  Trial and error, that's my story.
randomchaos
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 11:48:59 AM »

I keep getting a white screen of death then a bad nav when the mini boss force fights, ive looked everywhere for a fix but cant find it. im running 1.1.2 dp edition
Wraith
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 09:19:15 AM »

It was written before 1.1.2.  Has there been a test or success on 1.1.2 or an update?  I don't know what changes were made in 1.1.2.  I run v1.1.1.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 08:48:10 PM »

I am curious about something here.

I tried to get this thing to throw me a random monster, after reaching over 110 DK...because it ges awful boring always going after watever color Flying Drake.
But everything I have tried has failed.

I either get the color with no monster nae at all...or I get the monster name changing throughout the fight!

I would like it to SET the name of the monster, once you are past fighting them all in order...but each time, set a different mnster...but stay the same monster throughout aa fight.

For example, at 201 DK I might get the Fire Titan, and then on kill 202 the Orange Werewolf...and so on.

But once it sets for a DK...it needs to stay that same name for that DK.

Tried adding a pref into this and a randomizer.

Te randomizer caused it to constantly change the name of the monster thru the battle...and the pref caused it to pick up no monster name at all.

Just rally weird.

There is something easy I am missing, I am sure...but I am not sure what it is or how you go about it.

I am thinking there HAS to be a way...to set a pref with the color and monster name, as text....ONE TIME in the code...and then gave it call for that pref throughout the rest of the program...

And then, on hook for dragonkill...clear the pref!

But I am danged if I can really see how to get there.

I just want to add a little variety for higher level players.
phu
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 10:03:45 PM »

While I haven't run a game in over a decade and I don't know the code well, I think the best way to go about this on your own is with logging. PHP normally just spits your output into the page, which is reasonable since it's just supposed to be a templating language, but you can use logging to write to a file.

error_log() is a function you can use to figure out exactly what's happening and in what order. If you put error_log calls into your code in the code you think is important, you can determine when and if it's being executed.

The way I do this in Python is to use logging calls, run the site locally, and watch the log while I use the site. You can do the same thing with the LotGD code.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:05:40 PM by phu » Logged
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 02:54:16 PM »

While I haven't run a game in over a decade and I don't know the code well, I think the best way to go about this on your own is with logging. PHP normally just spits your output into the page, which is reasonable since it's just supposed to be a templating language, but you can use logging to write to a file.

error_log() is a function you can use to figure out exactly what's happening and in what order. If you put error_log calls into your code in the code you think is important, you can determine when and if it's being executed.

The way I do this in Python is to use logging calls, run the site locally, and watch the log while I use the site. You can do the same thing with the LotGD code.

wouldn't that cause my players to see it too?

I have never used it before.  I always just output the value of a variable (which the players could see too, but they had no idea what it meant...usually this was only done on modules I was working on and thus had blocked the navs to so that only I could normally see it anyway.

What I am thinking...is  way to re-write the entire code...so that, at dragon kill...a new text variable gets placed in a new variable called "whatmonster" and then the rest of the code only calling for that variable.  I think it would work.  But not sure.

Just not sure how to put it into one variable, since the original code has two variables, the color and then the type...

So that you would get Fire Titan, or Ocean Werewolf, for example.
phu
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 10:51:01 PM »

If you check the arguments to that function, you can set it up to use a file instead of printing to the screen. That way no matter how the server is set up you don't have to worry about players seeing your logging... although this is something you should just be using locally or on a staging server while you're working on things that could potentially break the site or need to be reverted.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:53:13 PM by phu » Logged
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 11:19:32 PM »

If you check the arguments to that function, you can set it up to use a file instead of printing to the screen. That way no matter how the server is set up you don't have to worry about players seeing your logging... although this is something you should just be using locally or on a staging server while you're working on things that could potentially break the site or need to be reverted.

Thanks, I will check it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online