• October 21, 2017, 08:56:42 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HTML IN VILLAGE  (Read 9846 times)
Smith
« on: July 10, 2004, 01:10:15 PM »

hey i am kinda concern that there people using html codes in the village  and screwing up things...is there a way to block them out?
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 01:18:54 PM »

Can you give us a little more info?  What tags are they using, how is it affecting the village...?

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
Smith
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 01:25:20 PM »

well to me there using a form like tags to edit the village's size and all....made it go under the  menu links...i mean now every html code works at out game and it used to not.....
Kendaer
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 04:53:50 PM »

If people are using HTML in your village, then it's because you added some sort of mod (most likely the emoticon mod btw) that causes it to allow HTML to be output in the village (I suspect the emoticon mod because for that to work it needs to allow img tags to be output and thus you'd allow other html as well).

If you don't like that behaviour, don't use that mod.
Streen
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 05:16:24 PM »

Smith, this only happens when they don't close their tags.  such as <table style=filter:glow(color=blue strength=6)>Whatever</table>

THey would put:

<table style=filter:glow(color=blue strenght=6)>bleh
Artte
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 07:40:18 PM »

Although if players are wanting to do things like that above (with the ccs styles) in their conversations, you could just add in more color codes that would do that.  Really not sure what other uses people could do that fits into the commentaries... If they're displaying big images from remote sites, then that may need to be taken care of.  You can probably code into the mod that would block that.

I haven't touched the emoticon mod (nor do I think I ever will for the time being) but I don't think checking for things like that would be too bad to try.  At least the color coding for the styles (such as glowing text) shouldn't be hard,
lonnyl
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 06:14:27 AM »

If people are using HTML in your village, then it's because you added some sort of mod (most likely the emoticon mod btw) that causes it to allow HTML to be output in the village (I suspect the emoticon mod because for that to work it needs to allow img tags to be output and thus you'd allow other html as well).

If you don't like that behaviour, don't use that mod.

Well, gotta come to it's (emoticon mod) defence and point out the fix for the problem...
tested it again this morning.... still does not let players post html commands....

these instructions are in the emoticon mod.....
in common.php (addcommentary function)
before
      $sql = "SELECT commentary.comment,commentary.author FROM commentary WHERE section='$section' ORDER BY commentid DESC LIMIT 1";
add
$commentary=htmlentities($commentary);   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
24 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search