Home Forums News Links Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
IRC Channels
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clan Training - Enhanced  (Read 2014 times)
SexyCook
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2006, 08:22:22 PM »

A discussion started (ok, i admit, I started it) in the thread Clan Training about Lightbringer's module, on how clan training could be improved to add a more "I could really use the extra exp" instead of just a "forest fights, what a hassle" kind of feeling.

What I posted was:

What I intend to do, if Lightbringer allows me to further modify his module (it's his module, he fine tuned the game balance, if he tells me my ideas will disrupt his work, I won't change a thing), is to build in an exaustion variable, so people will lose health through training; and build in harder training sessions, where people will, on one hand, win a bit more exp but lose a whole lot more gold. And you can bet I don't have any troubles killing my players, so I'll probably build in some training accidents too.

I don't intend to use training as a replacement to forest fights. You can't use the clan training without gaining money first. I want to add other possibilities to the game, specially for those players with too much money and not enough turns.

And right now I'm about 90% there. I'll put on some more exaustion options/outputs and add the accidents next week, but the module ist already fully usable as it is.

* You have 3 levels of training,
* You need to pay for more gold for the more advanced trainings, which gain you more exp
* You lose more health points due to exaustion on the more advanced trainings. The "kill from exaustion" option I'm still not sure I should implement, who's stupid enough to work himself to death?
* As in any fitness club, you have energy drinks which pump you up to full health, but don't worry, people won't be coming by to buy them off, you have to train to earn the right to buy one.
* Because I'm a control freak, about every variable in the module is admin-panel-controlled. Set yourself the price for the energy drink or by how much should "harder training" increase the exp. If you want only one level of training but find the exaustion option amusing, turn the other two levels off.

Bugs removed from the previous version were:
* Output on all situations (which wasn't the case with the old module)
* Checks for enough money. The old module just put you in serious debts
* Disabled the "next new day in" because I didn't really need it and it gave wrong results on my server. The code's still there, but I'll probably erase it in the next version

As it is, I'd really apreciate if someone with experience could take a look at the code. I'm pretty much sure I did an awful job on programming this module (my first big modification), but it works.

Newest Version: 2.00 - Download
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 09:27:47 AM by SexyCook » Logged
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

short, sweet and to the point

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 09:12:51 PM »

shall i wait before putting a copy of this into the file downloads area for the kinks to get worked out?

Uuma ma ten rashwe, ta tuluva a lle

Play the latest beta version here on LoGD DragonPrime - Axebridge
SexyCook
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 09:34:32 PM »

Yes, please wait a bit, when it's done it will be version 2.0. Do you want me to send you a PM then?
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 09:37:15 PM »

yes, please!  Smiley

many times i don't see posts for new modules which need to be uploaded due to time constraints.

a reminder letting me know there is one ready and where to get the info about it would be wonderful.

Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 10:09:27 PM »

Yes, please wait a bit, when it's done it will be version 2.0. Do you want me to send you a PM then?

You should also post it in the File Submissions board.   Wink

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 10:15:50 PM »

You should also post it in the File Submissions board.   Wink

then give me the nudge... 'cause i may still miss it there...  Wink

SexyCook
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 07:55:58 AM »

Allright, here we go. Full 2.0 Version has:

* up to 3 levels of training (admin controlled to display or not)
* You need to pay for more gold for the more advanced trainings, which gain you more exp (admin controlled for gold cost and exp gain)
* You lose more health points due to exaustion on the more advanced trainings. Nobody dies from exaustion, but...
* Training accidents will lose you hit points, exp, charm, money, gems, maxhitpoints and turns (accidents can be turned off, chances of happening are admin controlled). Training accidents CAN have you killed (taking 10% exp)
* Added News for training accidents which kill players
* Training events give you hit points, exp, charm, money, gems, maxhitpoints and turns (I like everything balanced. Events can be turned off, chances of happening are admin controlled).
* Energy drinks for exausted players who did training (cost is admin controlled)

This should provide everyone with a very flexible module, which can be balanced on each server to addapt to each admin's interpretation of clan training ("just to use up rounds" or "to add a little kick in exp gaining").

PS: I'll just do the file submission thingie instead of annoying Elessa per PN.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:06:33 AM by SexyCook » Logged
iturner
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 03:58:49 PM »

In the training room it says:
Any gold used in the training room will be added to the guild fund!
But the money spent doesn't show up in the vault or anywhere else I can see. Where does it go?
The Doctor
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 09:51:16 PM »

In the training room it says:
Any gold used in the training room will be added to the guild fund!
But the money spent doesn't show up in the vault or anywhere else I can see. Where does it go?

Ooh, look, my exact question. xD Does anyone have an answer to this one?

Afkamm
Mod God

MarcTheSlayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 07:37:53 AM »

Looking at the code the gold goes no where after it's taken from the player.

Best to just ignore that text or translate it to something else. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Who's Online
22 Guests, 0 Users
DragonPrime LoGD
Recent Topics
Home Forums News Links Downloads Login Register Advanced Search