• July 27, 2017, 11:42:30 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My install stops at stage 8.  (Read 15915 times)
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2006, 10:52:46 PM »

This is a common problem and a known issue with all recent versions of the installer.

The problem is actully with your server setup - its resources are not adequate to deal with the stress of collating all the modules at once. It does not mean you'll have any problem actually running the game. There are a couple of possible causes - one is the amount of memory allocated to PHP, but your server's speed, RAM size or load from other users may also be involved. (For more info, feel free to search PHP Memory in DragonPrime.)

The solution is to remove about half the contents of your Modules folder. Just delete them. Once your installation is complete, re-upload the missing files and then go to your Manage Modules area in the Grotto, to configure and install them.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:08:09 AM by SaucyWench » Logged

SaucyWench
Owner of GemDust.com and Darton City proudly hosted by LunarPages
kickme
Global Moderator
Mod God

Yay for elephants!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 11:01:28 PM »

I think that got fixed in 1.1.0. I just got some red text telling me that the memory limit was too small, then I was sent to the next step.

Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 05:51:29 AM »

You may well be right, but the official stable release is 1.0.6 and as far as I am aware the problem exists there. We still have users reporting it and the thread was started in the hopes the new admins spot it, if that's the problem they have. I don't recommend new admins install 1.1.0 in order to fix the problem right now.

If we get a stable 1.1.1 I'll delete the thread Wink

SaucyWench
blah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 09:10:04 AM »

I had the same problem at Stage 8 and deleting some of the Modules did work.  Now after completing the install I receive a blank output when trying to access the main page to log in.  I'm not sure if it's something I've done wrong or just my host, but it was a free host that somebody else said they use in another thread (byethost.com)...

Any help would be much appreciated...
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 04:11:41 PM »

It's a free host, so I doubt they will let you change the memory limit. But I know people have set up successfully on that host. You might try deleting the database and reinstalling the whole lot with no modules in there at all.

SaucyWench
KaosKaizer
Mod God

Zeno's Arrow never hits the mark.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »

when i try to install version 1.1.1 of the game, it stops at stage 8 and gives me this message:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in /home/shane/public_html/lotgd-1.1.1_Dragonprime_Edition/common.php on line 175

and then, if i go and try to reinstall it, it gives me the message again and i dont know how to fix it. i just end up taking it out and re-uploading it and trying it all over again. and it doesnt work.

My Mods
I'm not currently a fully active member of DP, though I do respond to most PMs.
KaosKaizer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »

to fix this problem, i went through it and let it mess up. then i went through again and when it says it looks like an upgrade, put in a prefix like logd and continue. voila, online.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 05:10:35 PM by kaizerDRAGON » Logged

My Mods
jerry
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 06:04:20 PM »

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in /home/shane/public_html/lotgd-1.1.1_Dragonprime_Edition/common.php on line 175

<--- Reason's not rocket science... the error states it "Max execution time of 90 secs exceeded" You have a low memory limit which leads the processing (execution) to increase. But your php only allows scripts to have 90 secs for execution time. (=

to fix this problem, i went through it and let it mess up. then i went through again and when it says it looks like an upgrade, put in a prefix like logd and continue. voila, online.

Have NO clue what you just said, really. Would this even be a dependable solution?
KaosKaizer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 05:18:35 AM »

when you have the problem the first time, then go back and retry the installation, you can go up to where the problem started and i suggest just click 8 then continue and where it says "this looks like and installation/upgrade" and asks you for a prefix, just put in logd.
at least, that worked for me.

My Mods
EJno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 08:21:34 PM »

I had this problem installing locally and had no luck trying to increase the timeout of 90 seconds error (all i could find was 60 second limits set in the php.ini file(s)) or removing all the mods to add later.

However knowing that my pc is really useless and was probably not coping well I increased the priority of the sql service in task manager up a notch (above average) it worked fine. Maybe that might help a few or maybe it was a fluke. Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
24 Guests, 0 Users