• December 10, 2018, 02:29:21 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GP Professions Pack  (Read 20033 times)
Derek
Captain of the Guard

"I think I just thunk"

View Profile WWW
« on: March 30, 2006, 02:30:57 PM »

GP Profession Module PackVersion=>v1.0.0 (BETA)
Author=>Derek
Category=>Profession

Well, I originally designed this to be a Mining and Smithing module, but it became so customizable, I easily transformed it into a multipurpose Gathering and Production module pack. Basically, it puts a link in the forest to a place where you can gather materials, then process them into weapons/armor in the village.

The main difference between this and the GC Professions Pack is that GP stands for Gathering and Production, meaning instead of making food to eat, you're making armor to wear
For more info, see the Sister Thread.

So, my module pack offers these features:
  • Includes 5 blank GP Profession modules, for creating your profession(s) from scrach.
  • Includes 3 pre-set GP Profession modules, for either inspiration or lazy people Tongue
  • Independent profession level, so players can get better and better at their profession(s).
  • Players can either wear their armor/wepaons they create, or sell them to the shop.
  • Half the code in the module is settings, and there's a pretty decent ammount of code there.
  • Manage all the basic profession settings, like name, item names and action names (for the text)
  • Manage the shop's stock.
  • Manage the gatherable materials (i.e. Ores, Skins, etc.) by name and profession level required to gather them.
  • Manage Refinable Items (i.e. Bars, Leather, etc.) by name, profession level required, and ingredients needed
  • Manage Createable Weapon/Armor Items, including name, profession level required, ingredients needed, and price for the shop.

Also, none of these modules create or use any extra tables in the database. Everything is done through module settings and prefs, which is one of the reasons it's so customizable. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the options I put in there to make it as versatile as possible, but some of them are needed to store options such as the shop's stock.

Mainly I'm looking for errors, problems, suggestions, comments, and the like. And before you ask, I know I need to add debug output, but I just want to get it working right now.

Download:
Pending
Secondary Download:
http://www.green-dragon.uni.cc/GPProfessions.zip
DO NOT JUST UPLOAD EVERYTHING AND INSTALL!!! READ THE README!!!
You do not need everything in the pack to use it, in fact, most people will only be uploading one or two of these files.

FAQ:
Q: Do I need every module in this pack?
A: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! I know you usually upload and install everything in a module's .zip file, but you don't for this module!

Q: Why do you include 5 blank modules?
A :People may want to make more than one of their own professions, and since copying and renaming screws up modules, I found I had to add more. I thought 5 was a reasonable max number anyway.

Q: I have more questions.
A: Read the readme. Please read the readme. The readme explains everything about this module but is short, sweet, and to the point. There is also more FAQs in the readme.

changelog:
1.0.0 -- Version released for the occasion of the GC Prof. release, I fixed a few bugs I found while making the GC Pack, and updated the readme.
0.9.8 -- No version change since there are 0 recorded downloads, fixed a very simple session bug that made the module virtually unusable.
0.9.8 -- Made modules Translation-Ready. Took the dohook and run functions and put them in external files. Added an option to display the gathering place in the forest, in every city, or in one city. Also gave an option to tell the user what materials are needed if they cannot make the item.
0.9.7 -- Fixed two bugs in the shop where you couldn't do anything after buying a weapon and where the names of your armor/weapon were blank after buying them.
0.9.6 -- Added user options for hiding the stats at the right, a setting for using Forest Fights instead of separate turns, and the ability to name your items after a certain level. Also fixed a bug with the DK Reset option. (it now appears in every module, not just mining)
0.9.5 -- Whoops, fixed the Hof to work properly.
0.9.4 -- Added HoF support, a display for profession exp, and an option to reset profession level after DK.
0.9.3 -- fixed alot of text bugs.
0.9.2 -- fixed shop placement problem and an Unexpected '\' in gpprof5.php
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 01:51:54 PM by Derek » Logged

Check out My Modules

Check us out! 1 hour days, heavily modded, friendly admins!
IndieRadioLive
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 08:49:47 PM »

I know this is still in beta, but I just wanted to let you know that afte uploading this to my server and before installing it, I had this pop up on the screen.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in .../lotgd/modules/gpprof5.php on line 647

Thank you.. I think this will be a really fun module

Derek
Captain of the Guard

"I think I just thunk"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 08:29:35 AM »

I know this is still in beta, but I just wanted to let you know that afte uploading this to my server and before installing it, I had this pop up on the screen.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in .../lotgd/modules/gpprof5.php on line 647

Thank you.. I think this will be a really fun module

How did that '\' get there? Shocked Tongue
Anyway, version 0.9.2, fixed a guild/shop placement problem where you could only put it in 1 village instead of either 1 or all, and fixed that Unexpected character in input: '\' problem.

Thanks alot for pointing that out IndieRadioLive Smiley

Check out My Modules

Derek
Captain of the Guard

"I think I just thunk"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 04:52:48 PM »

0.9.3 -- fixed alot of text bugs.
If anyone finds any errors or bugs please tell me Smiley

Check out My Modules

dave404
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 12:35:01 AM »

Does the independent profession level reset after each DK? Or is there an administrative setting that controls this? I'd like the option as an admin to either keep the profession level the same after a DK or to reset it.

Looks like a promising project. Good luck with it.
Derek
Captain of the Guard

"I think I just thunk"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 10:20:51 AM »

0.9.4 -- Added HoF support, a display for profession exp, and an option to reset profession level after DK.
Thanks for the suggesion, dave404 Smiley

Check out My Modules

Derek
Captain of the Guard

"I think I just thunk"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 04:24:52 PM »

0.9.5 -- Whoops, fixed the Hof to work properly.
P.S. Is it against the rules to post every update?

Check out My Modules

robert
Old Dog
Mod God

LoGD Buff!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 04:29:05 PM »

LOL - you clearly state your mod as BETA, hopefully you WILL post all updates so those using your mod can be informed and download the new updates.  Wink

SinisterDragon
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 08:37:42 PM »

I take it that this is now working properly, as it hasn't been updated in a couple months.
So, i will be installing it.

You Mod-makers have some great ideas when it comes to this game.  Keep up the good work Cheesy

technodragon73
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 03:03:52 PM »

Would it be possible to add a part that would allow users to create "custom" armor and weapons at the top level?

So say they reach level 60 in smithing, they are given the option to name their weapons?
Derek
Captain of the Guard

"I think I just thunk"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 07:33:16 AM »

Would it be possible to add a part that would allow users to create "custom" armor and weapons at the top level?

So say they reach level 60 in smithing, they are given the option to name their weapons?

Yes, it is very possible. Let me look into that Smiley
So, just to clarify, your suggestion is that once they reach a certain level in their profession, the module will ask them for a name when they create their weapons/armor and then assign that name to said weapon/armor?

Check out My Modules

technodragon73
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 07:43:21 AM »

EXACTLY!  That way they would have another way to do that (currently i am using the clan forge module that players can do the same, and while it allows for some pretty powerful weapons as you get higher in levels, it can get very costly, 5 gems per forge level)

with this mod the cap it at 15, but at least they can make low-cost weapons and armor that are "branded"
XChrisX
Global Moderator
Mod God

Be aware of the squirrel!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 07:52:06 AM »

[offtopic]TechnoDragon, would you mind removing that commercial ad from your signature?[/offtopic]

Running for more than three years now:
technodragon73
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 08:32:01 AM »

Sorry, did not know if it was allowed or not...removed

@Derek, another suggestion, how about making the turns spent in the quarry deduct from forest fights?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:49:12 AM by TechnoDragon » Logged
SinisterDragon
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 01:55:14 PM »

i was thinking that myself....
it would make more sense...

my main question is....with mods like this, if i upgrade to the new version, will i have to completely uninstall the old one? cuz that would cause me to lose all of the saved information for it...wouldn't it?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
44 Guests, 1 User