• December 10, 2018, 03:26:50 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GP Professions Pack  (Read 20038 times)
Derek
Captain of the Guard

"I think I just thunk"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »

@Derek, another suggestion, how about making the turns spent in the quarry deduct from forest fights?

Yes, I could make that an option (could there be such a thing as too many options? Tongue )

my main question is....with mods like this, if i upgrade to the new version, will i have to completely uninstall the old one? cuz that would cause me to lose all of the saved information for it...wouldn't it?

Hmmmm, I do not beileve you have to remove the other one. I would assume that the settings are taken from the info function every time you view the settings page, and if thats the case, it should work by just uploading the new one. Although you may have to open up the settings and click 'Save' to update the database with the new setting(s). If worse comes to worse, you could back up the module prefs table and uninstall the old one, then restore the table, but I doubt it.

Check out My Modules

Check us out! 1 hour days, heavily modded, friendly admins!
SinisterDragon
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 05:21:36 PM »

yeah....updating just doesn't seem to be my sorta thing....
i was going to update my version to 1.1.0 today....
but then i realized that i would have alot of work to do...
[offtopic]
when i first set up my server, i changed it all from LotGD to LotBD (green dragon to black dragon) and since then, i've slowly been editing some of the story, hopefully to get a full new version of this game going. Plus, i just wanted to be different than all of the servers that are running LotGD.....i don't like being the EXACT same as everyone else Tongue

so, to update my game script, i'd have to go through all of it again, and re-make the changes.....unless i am much mistaken...
[/offtopic]<--hehe, i like that Cheesy

Derek
Captain of the Guard

"I think I just thunk"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 05:38:30 PM »

[offtopic]
so, to update my game script, i'd have to go through all of it again, and re-make the changes.....unless i am much mistaken...
[/offtopic]
[offtopic]
Yeah, there are only 2 things to do there: re-write all the story changes, or only update the non-changed files and pray it works.

Check out My Modules

Check us out! 1 hour days, heavily modded, friendly admins!
Nightborn
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 07:01:36 PM »

Quote from: SinisterDragon link=topic=4050.msg39374#msg39374
[offtopic
when i first set up my server, i changed it all from LotGD to LotBD (green dragon to black dragon) and since then, i've slowly been editing some of the story, hopefully to get a full new version of this game going. Plus, i just wanted to be different than all of the servers that are running LotGD.....i don't like being the EXACT same as everyone else Tongue

[/offtopic]<--hehe, i like that Cheesy
no. what you're doing is
a) a must-release
b) unnecessary as you put more and more work into changes that get lost with a new update.

if you want to alter text, enable the translation tool. you can then change the text to ANY text you want. it makes also updating easy... no sentences get lost that way....

please.... if you upgrade, make your changes via the translator tool...
SinisterDragon
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 09:06:20 PM »

NB...what do you mean by a Must-Release or w/e?

and i did all that before i knew that the translator tool even existed.....when i did that....i had only been to this site once, and that was just to download the game itself...

But, i guess eventually, i'll have to change it back to the original, cuz i'll eventually need to upgrade to 1.1.0...as old scripts get outdated fast Sad

It may take a long time to edit the stuff in the script to how i have it, but it would take ALOT longer to do it with the translator tool Sad  because then i have to FIND & go to EVERY page that even mentions something that i am/will be changing......and change it manually that way.  In the long run, it's more efficient to use the translator tool though, because you don't have to redo everything when you update......

o well....i'll figure something out....this isn't what this thread was meant for Tongue

Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 10:04:43 PM »

By 'must release', he means that any core file that you edit must be made publically available in order to comply with the CCL.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 10:37:11 PM »

And you might think that the license is just like every other one, but it's not. Please read it. If we were nasty people we could demand you give us every single file you edited. We are not like that... but we do ask that people comply with the license.  Smiley

SaucyWench
Owner of GemDust.com and Darton City proudly hosted by LunarPages
Nightborn
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 03:28:13 AM »

It may take a long time to edit the stuff in the script to how i have it, but it would take ALOT longer to do it with the translator tool Sad  because then i have to FIND & go to EVERY page that even mentions something that i am/will be changing......and change it manually that way.  In the long run, it's more efficient to use the translator tool though, because you don't have to redo everything when you update......

use the translation wizard and scan the files. this will speed up your process.
the scan is not a 100% guaranteed (coding style...it is not a PHP parser that exectues every single line by going into every if/switch and grabbing the output/nav/etc)
but it should work in a favourable way.
SinisterDragon
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 09:35:04 AM »

Thanks NB, i might have to do that.

And i knew that if somebody asks for it, that i have to give them the files...correct?

i wouldn't object to it...i mean, yeah..i changed it, but it's not my game to be changing.  If you all wanted me to change it all back to the original, i would gladly do it.....just to respect the publisher's wishes Cheesy

Nightborn
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 09:55:10 AM »

Wink

Well, it's hard to check if there are game changes made... so you also have to announce somewhere what files you changed. I would normally thing you change text via the translator tool, so I would not think of asking you for files.

Diversity is welcome and necessary =) so alter the game.
If you alter core, do as said, but you are allowed to alter everything (excluding copyrights).
SinisterDragon
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 01:56:47 PM »

i updated....

but this translation stuff is SOOOOO complicated......

i can't find ANYWHERE where i can do anything to make the changes easily.  I'm jsut way toooo confused Sad
i'd leave it as just Legend of the Green dragon.....but it wouldn't go right with my URL..... Sad
LotBD=/=LotGD Sad

Nightborn
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 02:00:36 PM »

it is much more complicated than file changes =)

but there are 2 faqs in the translation assistance mentioned =) (one of them is provided in the faq <---on the left side here too)

get into it, really =)
SinisterDragon
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »

not to mention, all those little boxes all over the place are REALLY annoying.....and since they're never directly beside what they're for, you have to click on them till you find the right one Sad

Nightborn
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 02:15:13 PM »

hover over, and with i.e. firefox, check the lower browser bar, left hand corner Wink there is the link text... =)

makes it easier.

you should use the wizard and scan the files...then you will have a much better life Wink everything on one page Cheesy believe me.
SinisterDragon
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2006, 02:30:18 PM »

gimme a hint here then please Cheesy

say, just for starters, i wanna change it all from Green Dragon, to Black Dragon....how would i go about doing this?

hehe, that info should be enough so that i can get the rest of it done on my own Cheesy
and you know that when it's 'searching' that it REALLY slows down the computer, right?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
40 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search