• October 23, 2017, 04:24:12 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairgrounds  (Read 2375 times)
raden
« on: March 24, 2006, 05:12:58 PM »

I had an idea for a large module that I had started writeing up on paper what I wanted it to do, and everything. Since I have gone back to work though, I will never see it done on my own. (From lack of time and lack of knowlage to do it as well).
Here is the Idea so far (just an outline of the idea):

Name: Fairgrounds

Idea: The main part of this would be a standalone city that only certain users could enter (set by admin such as donaters, so many DK's etc...)

Outline of Idea:

- Fairgrounds (Register for games, Pay Dues, Travel, Bank, Bonfire for chatting)

- Guards- (Bribe to take out a bounty, Guards can try to collect bounties themselves,)

- Campsites (Dwellings like addon, users can only sleep there for so many days which is set by admins, users can visit each other without keys, no vaults inside, a banner to display a few words about you or whatever)

- Gossip or Boast (You can stop to speak with the Herlad and there is a chance he will spread the words to everyone via the news, Gossip about other warriors to the Fairgrounds Barmaid- you'll get the title gossip and it will go in the news or she will give you charm if she likes what you said)

-Ale Hut- for ale

-Dunking Booth- dunk a random player, or a player who was caught by the Guards, players with a fairground bounty get their names sent here to be "dunked"

-Pie Eating- Hunger relieved, loose Charm when you loose, gain gold gems or charm if you win

-Dragontails- Pin the tail on the sleeping dragon, he might be hained, but your blind folded and he sure is not gonna sleep through you pinning a tail on him

-Jousting- Joust against other players, or the handy dandy blow up knight the fair provides for your enjoyment, your pick of using your own mount or one sitting in the fairground stables (these can have funny results, I had it where one mount had very bad gas problem, one was lazy and fell sleep often, and one must have had too much coffee)

-Sword Play- choose your weapons Mace, swords, or whatever... and fight our trained trolls

`Combat- Go hand to hand with another player or a trained troll

-Mischief- Steal the kings crown, rewrite another users banner on their campsite flagg's there was also an idea about stealing other flaggs alltogether and then the user would get a notice saying their flagg was captured and did they want revenge?

Of course with the register, you would have some thing listing everyone who was playing in the fairgrounds and their scores, and maybe have something on the home page listing the the Fairgrounds "King" or "Queen" who is the one leading in total overall points.

Just thought I would throw out the idea for anyone who might like it. Like I said, I'll never get it done on my own, work and family, and all the animals we have....time is not on my side...LOL (***Please excuse spelling and errors, I have pink eye in both eyes and it is not likeing my computer time at the moment)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 05:15:39 PM by BeanStation » Logged
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

short, sweet and to the point

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 06:26:31 PM »

very clever!  i like some of the ideas ye hath come up with for a faire.  Smiley

i think another special area similar to how esoterra and polareia borealis are is great for the players.  something that can't be accessed all the time.

a faire is just that, special.  typically they travel, so ye ne'er know when it will be set up near the main village.  one new day, the players log in and there it is with its sights of banners flying from pavilions, the sounds of laughter and combat, and the smells of the various foods ye find at a faire.

so, whether it is random like esoterra, or visible determined by donation points or dks, i think it would be well worth being coded as a module as another area to keep the players' interest.

Uuma ma ten rashwe, ta tuluva a lle

Play the latest beta version here on LoGD DragonPrime - Axebridge
zachattack
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 07:43:05 PM »

Why not take it where you have to buy a ticket from the hunter's lodge using donation points and set it up on certain days such as like every saturday. Give the admin the choice to set it up or not. Also why not add where you can see certain events. Like maybe see some jugglers juggle or a person eat fire.  Sorry
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 04:49:13 PM by Zacharei » Logged
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 08:45:07 PM »

If you want people to read your posts, DON'T USE SCROLL!!!

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
29 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search