• October 22, 2017, 12:14:57 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AJAX based chat  (Read 48377 times)
Silient
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2010, 02:16:25 PM »

WOW I was just thinking last night if we could use ajax for this very thing! You guys are amazing. I'm running 1.1.2 and it works good thus far. Color too.

As far as where the files go it was pretty self explanatory.  The files in the zip are laid out like the root folder in the game.  Be sure to rename the old files that it will overwrite encase you don't dig it.

Robbace

Mind telling us exactly where the Javescript (.JS) files go? I haven't been able to find them?
Drop everything in the root.... .js files will go in the newly made js folder in the root.. EXCEPT for the JSON.js in the modules/lib folder

Thank you. I did that with the two JS files and it worked.

robbace
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2010, 03:18:57 PM »

Noticed it doesn't work on the Isle of Wen. Bummer. I like to float around there sometimes and be on hand to help answer Newbies questions.
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »

Woo!

Just noticed that using the /game switch doesn't seem to be supported yet.  Any chance of sticking that in too?

EDIT: To elaborate:

Using /game in commentary will enter the text into the commentary system - it can be seen after you nav away and then back to the commentary area.  However, when the chat updates, /game commentary cannot be seen.

Apologies for raising an old topic.. But has anyone been able to fix this? I've taken a look here and there, but haven't been able to find anywhere to put it. o.o

Nder'
Codemeister

Google is our savior!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2012, 01:07:18 PM »

I have a copy of it, i have it installed i just dont know where the files go in the directory for it to work.

have you replaced the commentary.php version with 1.0.6? that is the only "fix" i have seen, that kind of allows the module to work. 

also, i have just spent close to an hour combing all threads where the topic for the module is discussed. interestingly not a single one provides any information on actual installation.  was there anything special with this or does it follow the standard module installation guidelines?  has anyone created a readme.txt for this module that will share?

Has anyone made a readme on how to install it?

insert sympathy here

Message me!
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2012, 01:48:35 PM »

I have a copy of it, i have it installed i just dont know where the files go in the directory for it to work.

have you replaced the commentary.php version with 1.0.6? that is the only "fix" i have seen, that kind of allows the module to work. 

also, i have just spent close to an hour combing all threads where the topic for the module is discussed. interestingly not a single one provides any information on actual installation.  was there anything special with this or does it follow the standard module installation guidelines?  has anyone created a readme.txt for this module that will share?

Has anyone made a readme on how to install it?

It's just extract the .zip/.rar file, and upload everything straight to the root file, the structure of the files kept.

Nder'
Codemeister

Google is our savior!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »

Is there any way to allow AJAX commentary for some villages but not others? I ask this as most of the NPC's (if not all) don't seem to like Live Chat.

insert sympathy here

Message me!
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2013, 09:46:24 AM »

Is there any way to allow AJAX commentary for some villages but not others? I ask this as most of the NPC's (if not all) don't seem to like Live Chat.

Not exactly sure myself, but take a look at how the user pref works between switching between using AJAX and not using it, then incorporate it as a setting.

Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2013, 02:15:33 PM »

Woo!

Just noticed that using the /game switch doesn't seem to be supported yet.  Any chance of sticking that in too?

EDIT: To elaborate:

Using /game in commentary will enter the text into the commentary system - it can be seen after you nav away and then back to the commentary area.  However, when the chat updates, /game commentary cannot be seen.

There is a quick and simply solution to this - two edits required to ./ajaxcommentary.php.

Replace:
Code:
db_prefix("commentary") . " INNER JOIN " .
With:
Code:
db_prefix("commentary") . " LEFT JOIN " .

Replace:
Code:
db_prefix("accounts") . ".locked=0 ORDER BY commentid DESC LIMIT $limit";
With:
Code:
"( ".db_prefix("accounts") . ".locked=0 OR ".db_prefix("accounts") .".locked is null ) ORDER BY commentid DESC LIMIT $limit";

And voila! It works! (Except it only works when there's a normal post present.. A chat consisting of only Gamemaster posts doesn't work.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:58:24 PM by Aeo ~ » Logged

Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2013, 04:51:53 PM »

Bug reports:

Some of my players are reporting problems using `0 and `& colour codes.  Apparently the text breaks off and stops at the point where they type the colour code.

For those still having this issue with this version, in modules/ajaxcommentary.php, simply replace +s+ with +encodeURIComponent(s)+ on line 120.

megaspeek
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2013, 09:00:55 AM »

Hey, I installed everything to the root folder and activated the module but the chat doesn't seem to be working. I tested it and I still have to refresh the page to view updates even though the module is active and the files are set in the root folder.
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2013, 10:17:34 AM »

Not all of the files, right? You need to keep the directory structure as well (i.e. files in the modules folder (in the AJAX download) go into your sites modules folder, same with lib, etc).

Have you tried turning it off (uninstalling) and turning it back on (installing) again?

president731
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »

I am having the same issue where I still have to refresh in order to see posts. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Everything seems to be in the right place. I am running 1.1.2. Any help would be appreciated. Smiley
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »

I am having the same issue where I still have to refresh in order to see posts. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Everything seems to be in the right place. I am running 1.1.2. Any help would be appreciated. Smiley

Try clicking Reinstall several times. Works for me for certain things. xD Else, make sure that you have the Live Chat enabled in your prefs.

president731
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »

Settings are set to yes...I suppose I'll just keep trying then.
president731
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2014, 04:02:11 PM »

Finally got it working. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
27 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search