• June 25, 2017, 05:16:58 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Thing  (Read 6100 times)
BigT
« on: May 03, 2004, 02:04:36 PM »

I am trying to make a place were you go in and look for a job. You see a list of jobs pick one that you like and run with it. I was thinking for the different jobs you get different tasks and when you do a task you probably get a raise, gold, gems, promoted, etc. Every like 3 new days you get a pay check depneding on your position and how much work you completed. I don't think I can make something like this because im a begginer (but I'll try) I would like to see somebody try to make this.  Smiley
lonnyl
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 02:21:52 PM »

I am currently testing our job routine... although ours is a bit different in that you have to work your way up to the better jobs.... and they job pays each day as you work it in some gold and a little experience.  The jobs in turn produce products that are only available at a market.   It will be released some time in the near future, when I am sure that all of the bugs are worked out and that it doesn't offset game balance too much.
markneill
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 05:39:53 PM »

I think EA released a mod for this, they call it "The Sims"  Tongue
BigT
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

That's Kinda what I was aming for but it will be in text form Grin
FW Viper
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 06:21:07 PM »

I am currently testing our job routine... although ours is a bit different in that you have to work your way up to the better jobs.... and they job pays each day as you work it in some gold and a little experience.  The jobs in turn produce products that are only available at a market.   It will be released some time in the near future, when I am sure that all of the bugs are worked out and that it doesn't offset game balance too much.

would working at this job cost turns (forest fights)?

I am looking for something to add to the game that you can only do so much of but won't effect your forest fights at all. to give my users 'more' to do. not just a wider verity of things to do.

If I mady any sences
zousug
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 06:45:40 PM »

hey..

just an idea for your jobs project..
if you dont want it to use forst firghts could you make it use (well what would technecly be forest fights) job points??  

(I.e copy forest fights and rename it to job points or something)

that way there are 2 different things yet you can only do the jobs a set ammount of times aday yet with out affecting the forest fights..

(hope i made sense)

cya
markneill
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 10:38:22 PM »

I am looking for something to add to the game that you can only do so much of but won't effect your forest fights at all.

Even if it does....comment out the line where you do....
Code:
$session['user']['forestfights']--

Then you don't lose a forest fight for the turn, and you still get to use the mod.
lonnyl
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 04:39:09 AM »

yes it uses a turn for every shift a player works (max of 5)..... and yes like everyone said it could be changed..... however I find that turns are just fine.... we have so many other things to do that using up turns doesn't seem to reduce play time too terribly much...  And for those of you who don't have alot of bandwidth... using up turns is a good thing.  
markneill
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 06:37:46 AM »

If you have too many thing to do that are using up turns, then you should just increase the number of turns per day in the game settings Smiley
FW Viper
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 10:11:58 AM »

then people use them all up on fights and progress to quickly.
BigT
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2004, 11:21:58 AM »

No forest fights maybe job turns every new day it says "your job turns are set" to whatever number
BigT
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2004, 02:49:52 PM »

Can somebody PM me or AIM me or sumthin to help me with this project please.
Spider
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2004, 03:42:06 PM »

Viper, if you download the cellar addon it actually has a cellar moves feature, so you get a set number of turns in the cellar each day.  I'm sure you can adjust this to suit your needs :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
25 Guests, 1 User
TGTarheel
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search