• August 23, 2017, 10:00:49 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: phpnuke mod  (Read 4685 times)
drake2k
« on: May 05, 2004, 01:14:51 PM »

Okay, well I'm still working on this one but have made some MAJOR breakthroughs.  To document them right now would be difficult.

anyway in doing so, I have an extra field in my accounts table called sitename.  User's have a title, a name, a login etc etc...plus this one extra column.

What I'm trying to do is, put a field in the user.php where when a superuser searches the list of people and is shows a list of all the matches it shows
EDIT|DEL|BAN|LOG login name lev laston etc etc  

what I want to do is put the sitename between name and lev and I have no idea where to put it.
Note: I don't want to have this displayed when regular users show a warriors list.  Only in the supergrotto user editor.

I'm also stuck in showform hell.  when you click on 'edit' I wanted to place a line under Login much like the login that shows the sitename but is view only.  
I put something like this in the $userinfo  array like this

"sitename"=>"sitename,viewonly",

It almost works. If I take out the viewonly part I get the listing with nothing populated in the box, if I put in viewonly, nothing shows up at all.  I thought it might have something to do with showform() but I'm a bit lost.

Excalibur
Mod God

I'm a newbie, plz forgive me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 02:00:56 PM »

It's not clear (to me) what you're trying to do, but the line of code seems correct.
What do you want to write in it, and have you write something in it ? If it's still empty you'll see nothing, like in dragonpoints.

Try to clarify more what you want to do  Wink

Rgds Excalibur

Spock: Random chance seems to have operated in our favor.
McCoy: In plain, non-Vulcan English, we've been lucky.
Spock: I believe I said that, Doctor.
drake2k
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 03:21:55 PM »

clarifcation... my goal was to integrate LOTGD with my phpnuke.  My one way conversion is complete.  I have converted the password for lotgd to md5() encryption and sycnronized them with my phpnuke.  In order to do so, I added a column to the accounts table called sitename.

sitename is populated when the user creates an account.  They have to be registered w/ phpnuke to create an account.  the game will take the name they log into the site (or phpnuke) and place it in the 'sitename' field.  So these are populated already before I ever get to the user.php.  all users have a sitename and many charactors will have the same sitename as multiple charactors are allowed.  To see from a  user prespective please visit my site at http://www.grinbox.com

One I go to the user editor in the superuser grotto I click on submit to search for users without it lists my users.  I want that sitename to appear in there first of all.  Then once I click on edit, I want the sitename to appear in there as well.  The latter is not as important if I can also search by sitename then it would list all charactors with that name or something.

Does any of that make sense cause I lost myself again!
sixf00t4
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 04:41:28 PM »

there is another game i host, and a guy merged phpnuke with that game.  he ended up having the game open up in a new window, perhaps you can get some ideas out of him if you contact him. his site is http://eng.bbgu.com/

and i am guessing you were the same drake2k that i talked with over at the phpbb forum http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1028746&highlight=

drake2k
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 05:33:59 PM »

The very same drake2k the recieved your encouragment to continue my quest.  Then it was phpbb now it's phpnuke since it comse with phpbb built in.   The integration is complete, right now i'm just working on cosmetics and convenience as for mentioned.  :-)

there is another game i host, and a guy merged phpnuke with that game.  he ended up having the game open up in a new window, perhaps you can get some ideas out of him if you contact him. his site is http://eng.bbgu.com/

and i am guessing you were the same drake2k that i talked with over at the phpbb forum http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1028746&highlight=

Kyky
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 05:36:48 PM »

Well, you could try doing this

"sitename"=>"sitename,int",
drake2k
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 05:47:20 PM »

Well, you could try doing this

"sitename"=>"sitename,int",

tried, no go.  It shows up like this
Code:
Login                   [admin           ]
stiename             [       ]
Email Address    [myemail@woohoo.com ]

any other suggestions?

I'm more concerned about having ti show in the results of  user.php?op=search
Kyky
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 05:51:57 PM »

No, I'm not sure what else it could be....because if you would put bool instead of int it would be a yes or no...
anpera
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 07:00:45 PM »

Hmm ... You may try the following:
Code:
---- Open:
user.php

---- Find:
name LIKE '%{$_POST['q']}%' OR

---- After, add:
sitename LIKE '%{$_POST['q']}%' OR

---- Find:
"login"=>"Login",

---- After, add:
"sitename"=>"Sitename",

---- Or (if you don't want to be able to change sitename):
  "sitename"=>"Sitename,viewonly",

---- Find:
$sql = "SELECT acctid,login,name

---- In line, after insert:
,sitename

---- Find:
<td><a href='user.php?sort=name'>Name</a></td>

---- After, add:
<td><a href='user.php?sort=sitename'>Sitename</a></td>

---- Find:
addnav("","user.php?sort=name");

---- After, add:
addnav("","user.php?sort=sitename");

---- Find:
output($row[name]);

---- After, add:
output("</td><td>",true);
output($row[sitename]);

I think that should do what you want. Including sorting and search for sitename. Setting up bans by sitename is not yet done. Please note that I couldn't test it.

Somehow I like the idea. Maybe I do the same with my phpBB and LoGD. Nice solution Smiley
drake2k
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 07:24:45 AM »

Dude your the greatest.  I had already done most of that and the ones I left in the quote below are the ones that I needed and it works great.  I used the viewonly option because it must not be changed or it will screw everything up.

WOW, I'm so thankful for your help

As for phpbb.  That's what I orinially started out doing.  Moved to nuke since phpbb was built in.  I would like to talk to you about a project for phpbb that myself and another are already working on if your interested in helping a bit.  Though I am now finished with the syncronizing of the passwords and modifying the entire log in process I can start working on the bbs stuff.

ICQ/MSN/Y!/AIM, I'm on all of them so give me a buzz.

Hmm ... You may try the following:
Code:
---- Open:
user.php

---- Find:
$sql = "SELECT acctid,login,name

---- In line, after insert:
,sitename

---- Find:
addnav("","user.php?sort=name");

---- After, add:
addnav("","user.php?sort=sitename");

I think that should do what you want. Including sorting and search for sitename. Setting up bans by sitename is not yet done. Please note that I couldn't test it.

Somehow I like the idea. Maybe I do the same with my phpBB and LoGD. Nice solution Smiley
ATJ
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 07:35:57 PM »

I would love to have the information on how to do this, and I wonder if it requires much modding of the SQL?
drake2k
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 09:06:30 PM »

I would love to have the information on how to do this, and I wonder if it requires much modding of the SQL?

Well if you look at my website, in the download section has a completed version of the first phase of my project.  It was to have user configurable sql prefixes (which will be available next release from what I was told by the guys at sourceforge).  If you look at the alteration sql file I made you will notice they are all alter commands.  The sql is the easiest part of the whole gig.

Editing the php...now that's another story.  I don't know how I'm gonna be able to document it all...I tried to leave behind //comments for myself but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to write down for others to use.  Maybe if whomever wants it, has a new install of lotgd, I could just hand them over my php files and it should work with a slight editing of the dbconfig and the sql.

anyway, feel free to IM me if you like to talk more about it...and if anyone is interested in helping me with editing the nuke/phpbb portion Please let me know...

Oh...and if anyone is intersted in helping me document this beast....for god's sake, please IM me...LOL

Or if anyone is interested in helping me modify the phpbb portion of my nuke to put LoTGD stats under the avatar in the forums....please let me know. :-)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 10:06:30 AM by drake2k » Logged
sixf00t4
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 11:54:23 PM »

you're never on aim.  I am definitely interesting in helping getting this documented/getting it on my server.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
22 Guests, 0 Users