• August 25, 2019, 06:49:58 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing a buff that was applied at newday  (Read 1295 times)
CavemanJoe
Mod God

Opener of WormCans

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2008, 02:23:34 PM »

Hey, all.  Busy day for me today, and thanks for all your help so far. Smiley

Right, I'm in the Robots race again, this time adding the overclocking/underclocking ability.  A bit of background: Robots have very poor defence, quite high attack, cannot be healed by the Healer, and have a permanent Regen buff that gets them up to 5 hitpoints regenerated per round of combat.  They can also change their specialties at newday, but that's not important here.

In this thread I pondered the possibilities of adding extra abilities to specific races, alongside the extra abilities granted by the chosen Specialty.  I've now finished giving grenades to the Humans, and it seems to work very well.  In the same thread, I was thinking about having Robots reroute their power to favour either their Attack points or their Auto-Repair subroutine (Regen buff).

Now, the buff that corresponds to the Regen ability is set during case:newday, as are the attack and defence values.  My question is thus: what's the proper way to remove a buff that was applied at newday, so that I can replace it with a different one?

Nightborn
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »

First would be simply: All buffs end automatically at newday, EXCEPT they have a "survivenewday"=>1 set
ThricebornPhoenix
Codemeister

Dying is the easy part.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:42:40 PM »

My question is thus: what's the proper way to remove a buff that was applied at newday, so that I can replace it with a different one?

If you mean, overwriting one buff with another:

http://wiki.dragonprime.net/index.php?title=Apply_buff
This example would apply a buff called "Some Buff" with an attack modifier. If the player already has a buff identified by "some", it will be replaced, regardless of, if it really is the same buff.

"I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying."
CavemanJoe
Mod God

Opener of WormCans

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 02:45:11 PM »

Aha!  Yes, that's even better.  Thankyou. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
99 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search