• December 14, 2017, 04:23:59 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Translate to Russian and other  (Read 22814 times)
Nightborn
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2006, 04:05:53 AM »

http://dragonprime.net/users/Nightborn/translationwizard.zip
Dralka
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2006, 09:37:40 AM »

If somebody needs Russian translation - it is here >>>http://rpg.ultranet.ru/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=227
Everything is explained there too.
Nightborn
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2006, 10:45:56 AM »

Thank you Dralka!

Although I cannot read russian, I get the gist of it.

So basically replace the htmlentities and add the charset to the apache.

I want to include these translations into the wizard... as well as I would wish that the core provides the htmlentitites by itself, so you don't have to change that manually. And the charset in a global variable.

@XChrisX what do you think?

@Dralka if you have some more translations in your tables, could you dump it (via the translationwizard - push) and send them to me? would be nice Smiley
Klervil
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2016, 02:44:20 PM »

Well... You can call me a Necroposter.  Grin But I have the same problem with cyrillic letters.
I use LotGD 1.1.2 on my local server. When I try to add something in russian I see these symbols and digits instead of some russian letters:
Looking correct until I post it

And then:

And, as u can see, the final phrase is shorter than I've wrote.

The same letters can be displayed correct in one case and incorrect in another. It's strange.

I've replaced
the htmlentities with htmlspecialchars
, added
ENT_COMPAT,"Windows-1251" in ALL htmlentities() in all php files
(also tried with utf8)
and nothing.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:18:17 PM by Klervil » Logged
Klervil
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2016, 03:43:15 PM »

The same letters can be displayed correct in one case and incorrect in another. At least in village. It's strange.
When I translate something in php-files I see only incorrect symbols - no single russian letter.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:44:53 PM by Klervil » Logged
Stephen.Kise
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2016, 03:54:28 PM »

Well... You can call me a Necroposter.  Grin But I have the same problem with cyrillic letters.
I use LotGD 1.1.2 on my local server. When I try to add something in russian I see these symbols and digits instead of some russian letters:
Looking correct until I post it

And then:

And, as u can see, the final phrase is shorter than I've wrote.

The same letters can be displayed correct in one case and incorrect in another. It's strange.

I've replaced
the htmlentities with htmlspecialchars
, added
ENT_COMPAT,"Windows-1251" in ALL htmlentities() in all php files
(also tried with utf8)
and nothing.

Odd. Did you physically set the encoding to UTF-8 in the Game Settings? You can change this in the Grotto > Game Settings > Translation Setup.

Modifying the core for encoding purposes is not ideal. Especially such a small change that has built in functionality to be overridden by the server configuration.

Changing the encoding in the Game Settings seems to work perfectly fine for me on long strings.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5
Klervil
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2016, 04:11:50 PM »

We're not looking for the easy way out. Grin
You were right. I've set the encoding to UTF-8 in the Game Settings - now I can see correct letters in my messages. Thank you. Smiley Tomorrow I'll try to translate something to be sure that all work good.
Stephen.Kise
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2016, 04:16:10 PM »

You were right. I've set the encoding to UTF-8 in the Game Settings - now I can see correct letters in my messages. Thank you. Smiley Tomorrow I'll try to translate something to be sure that all work good.

Just a heads up, you may want to alter the commentary table and change the maximum length to around 400 on the comment columnn and have the UTF8 character set on the commentary table. Translating to UTF8 for Russian seems to foobar when the length is too much.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5
Klervil
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2016, 04:22:41 PM »

I tried now to translate some phrases in village.php - symbols again.
Klervil
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2016, 04:31:50 PM »

Well... Time to sleep alredy. Hope to solve this problem tomorrow. Thanks for suggestions, Stephen. If you have any ideas - I'm all ears! Smiley
Eliwood
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2016, 12:41:38 AM »

Just a heads up, you may want to alter the commentary table and change the maximum length to around 400 on the comment columnn and have the UTF8 character set on the commentary table. Translating to UTF8 for Russian seems to foobar when the length is too much.

If the column is set as varchar and utf-8 there is no need for increasing the length of the column - varchar measures in character length, not byte length. Well, at least if the mysql version is > 5.0.0 which is should be anyway. varchar(255) allows a byte length of up to 765 in utf-8, using utf8mb4 it's 1020.

Daenerys LotGD-Remake using PHP7 and a modern, headless approach.
Klervil
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2016, 12:54:41 AM »

It seems to me that my problem is solved - I've set the encoding to Windows-1251 in the Game Settings.

Left upper corner (translated right in village.php) and my message - russian letters displaying correct.
wmza
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2016, 08:40:59 AM »

I think you need to move away from windows-1251 to utf-8 side.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
22 Guests, 0 Users