• July 15, 2018, 04:12:45 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forest Specials - consider rotating them  (Read 2262 times)
robert
Old Dog
Mod God

LoGD Buff!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2005, 07:50:24 AM »

I have received numerous mails about the forest specials I make and just recently got another. While it is true I have an awful lot of them, some of which have been released into the community and many more which are not due to they are server specific or contain other things which are not commonly used elsewhere but on my realm.

Some things I do suggest for Forest Events:
1). Yes do install them
2). Understand what each one does.
3). If there are settings - adjust them to suite your realm
4). Remove from use any special which is similiar to the one you are installing.
EXAMPLE:
     You are installing an event which rewards gold.
     Remove by DEACTIVATING one other event you currently use which also rewards gold.
- Same applies to an event which rewards a charm point - IF you are installing one that rewards a charm point, DEACTIVATE another which rewards a charm point
-> By DEACTIVATING a similiar event and doing this several times over, you end up with a "pool" of deactivated forest events. WITH this pool, now you can ROTATE your forest events every week or two weeks, keeping the forest looking fresh to your players.
IF you install and keep activated ALL your forest events, the players dont see anything new and also may contribute to game imbalance - what if you have 5 events rewarding gold or anything else, that be a problem for some realms not so on others but if you are concerned about game balance - consider rotation.

-- One reason I write so many forest events which are similiar in reward/loss is for the purpose of rotating them, keeping the forest fresh and exciting for my players  ...maybe you will consider rotating them also?
 Cool
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 08:07:42 AM by robert » Logged

Deedee
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 01:46:46 AM »

Wonderful suggestion and thanks for explaining everything so well too.  I plan on rotating my forest specials based on this great suggestion.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
32 Guests, 0 Users