• August 17, 2018, 07:55:35 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is there a reward already for paypal donation?  (Read 3786 times)
sixf00t4
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2004, 01:08:46 AM »

Is there any reward for people who donate through paypal at all?  i just got a nice donation, and i would like to reward them with game vars, but i couldn't find any reward code, and remember someone saying something about how they didnt like the idea of people paying real money for an advantage in the game.

anpera
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 05:58:38 AM »

There is a donation point system hidden in the depth of LoGD 0.9.7. All you must do is to write a "Hunters Lodge" where people can spend their donation points. Name it "lodge.php" and upload it. The link in village will appear automatically. Admin Grotto contains a tool to give donation points to players.

"Write a Hunters Lodge" sounds easy, huh?
Check newday.php, healer.php, referral.php and a few other files for hints on how this system works. Then write the lodge-code to activate those pieces of code. Take a look at Hunters Lodge on central server to see what is there. (I do not talk about the code.) Add your own ideas. Wink
There must be something in original lodge.php that adds donation points for pay pal donations automatically but I haven't figured out that yet. Embarrassed

As far as I read here Hunters Lodge will not be released from official side, so you really have to create your own!

I also give donation points for very special and random events during gameplay because I don't like the idea, that you must pay real money to use all of the game. Spending money (or giving in good ideas for new monsters) just accellerates access to those parts. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 06:03:44 AM by anpera » Logged
lonnyl
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 06:20:44 AM »

I made mine so people could buy powerups for the game.... the lodge I use however is for referrals only.  We accept no paypal donations.  
Kendaer
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 07:40:42 AM »

There must be something in original lodge.php that adds donation points for pay pal donations automatically but I haven't figured out that yet. Embarrassed

As far as I read here Hunters Lodge will not be released from official side, so you really have to create your own!

Actually there wasn't anything in lodge which did that automatically.  Sometime last year Eric and I wrote a piece of code which handled the way paypal does what is called IPN notifications and now there is an automatic tracking of donations.

You are correct that the lodge will not be publically released.

Also, you can get donator points (even in the 0.9.7 code) by using the referral link so I think we all agree that the donator points shouldn't only be available via monetary means.

I actually will consider talking to Eric about releasing a stripped down version of the lodge or something as an example however.
bwatford
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »

Could I get a look at that since we don't take donations either and right now I'm doing it by hand...
Forconin
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 04:15:35 AM »

It would have been nice if you at least released the IPN-part.. Coding a lodge isn't that hard.. I just don't get the PayPal IPN-system...
Kendaer
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 07:30:22 AM »

The Paypal IPN system isn't really that hard.

They call you with a request.  You take that request, munge it slightly and make a call back to the paypal server (this is key).  this callback request is what prevents someone from spoofing you a request (unless they also manage to hijack paypal's DNS at which point you have bigger problems (and so does paypal))

No promises on whether or not this will be released, sorry.
Forconin
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 08:02:09 AM »

Okay.. I will take a look at it.. And if i manage to create it.. I'll give it out here.. Smiley
Kendaer
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 10:06:06 AM »

Okay.. I will take a look at it.. And if i manage to create it.. I'll give it out here.. Smiley

There is an IPN test framework out there as well which you can use to test your script (basically you set the callback server that you're hitting to theirs instead of paypals and it'll send you the notification in the same format as paypal and let you query it for the same style of response(s) that paypal will give.  After testing it, set your server back to paypal and you should be good to go.  This is exactly how ME and I developed this code.

Do a google search for IPN test and you should find it within the first 5 links or so.
Forconin
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2004, 03:52:19 PM »

Yep.. Will probably figure it out. .Smiley
I already have a donators lounge created.. Smiley
And a nice system that takes away ads when people donate.. Smiley

And just so you know. I don't run ads or take donations to earn money. Simply a way to keep the server up and running since i am paying $$$ for it... Smiley

Lord Wolfen
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2004, 03:59:27 AM »

There is nothing hidden in the lodge script, but the game is set up to count donation points and you can add donation points for those who have donated.

I have added an area for donators and reffers to spend those donation/ref points.  Hopeful to have it public shortly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
38 Guests, 1 User
Aeolus
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search