• August 17, 2018, 07:56:23 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: changing sex/losing name  (Read 3321 times)
sixf00t4
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2004, 10:42:27 PM »

Is there somewhere someone can cast a spell on someone to change their sex?  2 players sexes have changed in the past day, and one of their display names dissappeared altogether.  any ideas before i try to figure that one out?

robert
Old Dog
Mod God

LoGD Buff!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 01:35:35 AM »

If I remember correctly, the default Voodoo Priestess can change sex. I have replaced it with something else.

If your allowing players to make their own name changes, your in for more work as an admin of your server - the more players you have the more problems that will occur and you need to stay on top of.
In spite of the cries of the players, they really cannot have everything they want - or you may as well create a money tree and also a barrel of gems that they can take from at whim.

ATJ
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 01:36:34 AM »

Unless you modded it the only thing I can think of is if they went to the Inn, and got a change.  

You might check its code to start, then Interrogate a few admins.  Slap them about.  If no answer from there check the specials in the forest to make sure that any event that changes them doesnt change their name or cause it to be blank.

What sucks is when something says = rather than == or vice versa.  No I dont spell as well as I should.
sixf00t4
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 01:50:08 AM »

that was my first guess too Robert.  But the voodoo priestess i have doesnt have that option. Huh

I don't allow them to change their names.  But i was thinking of enabling that, since i have to repair their names when they lose it.  It was just effecting the people with spaces in their names, so i got rid of all those, and now i had someone get a new title from lonny's castle, and it dropped their name, and displayed "Chef Warrior"  instead of Chef BSOD or Warrior BSOD.

i havent really got too far into it.  i think there is a voodoo priestess like place somewhere that i have forgotten about.  i'll get to the bottom of this.

lonnyl
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 04:49:32 AM »

One of those problems I have been working on..... And one of the reasons that the castle and the rest of Oak Street remains unreleased.  Although this problem should be fixed now, the code I had in there did not handle names with spaces properly.  Neither does the colored names code.  The combination of these 2 mods did not play well together.  I am still working on a revision to the color change mod, and will release the Oak Street Add-on shortly... Just a few clean up items left and not enough time in the day.  Oh as well as documenting the thing so that I can be installed with little problems.
lonnyl
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 07:47:32 AM »

I have trashed my title change code...... couldn't find the problem and it couldn't deal with names with spaces.  Instead I have borrowed the code from dragon.php and modified it to meet my needs, as well as added the unamecolor function to the end (for those running the colored names mod) as well as added unamecolor to dragon.php so when a new title is attained the persons color prefs are applied.
Arune
Mod God

Arune Vai - khatfield

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 10:24:24 AM »

Greystone chapel has a name change option. Check there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
40 Guests, 1 User
Aeolus
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search