• May 20, 2018, 03:12:15 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: changing titles  (Read 3112 times)
Phoenyx
« on: March 04, 2005, 09:21:02 PM »

I want to change titles to reflect alignment (e.g. "Diabolical" for evil) but I'm not sure how to go about it.  I thought I could simply edit the custom title (ctitle), but it doesn't seem to change anything.  What do I need to do?
Sichae
iMod God
SVN Users
Mod God

If ya didn't get it by now... you're hopeless...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 09:25:42 PM »

There is the lib/titles.php, which is what is defining the titles generated upon DK.

ctitle, is the custom title, that replaces the title, if there is a ctitle field filled in.

What you are going to want to do, is make a mod, that hooks into dragonkilltext, and generate a new title based on alignment

* Sichae notes that he might be working on this, in the near future
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 09:27:39 PM by Sichae » Logged

If you didn't understand anything in the above post, don't try to attempt anything suggested.

Phoenyx
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 09:40:54 PM »

I've rethought this a bit, perhaps I shouldn't overwrite their titles, just color-code them.  That is, "Farmboy" would appear red, yellow, or green for evil, neutral or good...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 09:43:37 PM by Phoenyx » Logged
enderwiggin
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 09:51:53 PM »

That's a good idea.
Forge
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 10:56:42 PM »

I've rethought this a bit, perhaps I shouldn't overwrite their titles, just color-code them.  That is, "Farmboy" would appear red, yellow, or green for evil, neutral or good...

enderwiggen is correct, but he understated the fact. Thats awesome. You rock. Drive on.
ladyramses
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 10:32:11 AM »

I am upgrading (yes finally Smiley ) from 9.8.14 t0 1.0.2

and I was wondering do all of my previous titles stay entact or do i have to go into the database and add them?

thank you!
robert
Old Dog
Mod God

LoGD Buff!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 11:15:35 AM »

I am upgrading (yes finally Smiley ) from 9.8.14 t0 1.0.2
and I was wondering do all of my previous titles stay entact or do i have to go into the database and add them?
thank you!

One of best features about v1.0 is that chances are, you will never have to go into the database to change anything everything is modular, very similiar to your previous pre-release versions but they are greatly improved for ease of use and convienent.

V1.0 and above, the installer does an excellent job of upgrading prevoius obsolete versions. You wont have to do too much of anything.
- I do recommend going into the Grotto:
- verify your game settings
- check all the cool new features while you are there, including the title editor  Tongue
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 11:17:20 AM by robert » Logged

Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 11:47:39 AM »

You should have a test server setup as a mirror image of your live server, and perform all updates/modifications on your test server.  This confirms for you that the process will complete and operate as expected, or it will bring problems to your attention before they inconvenience your users.

Do such an upgrade on your test server, then check out your Title Editor.  If the titles didn't get imported (I can't remember whether or not they do), you can use the Title Editor to populate your table, then export the table into your live database when you do the live update.

Incidentally, I found it more convenient to edit the table for the initial setup.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
enderwiggin
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 02:38:10 AM »

Back to the original suggestion, has anyone considered taking the alignment module and altering the color of your title based upon alignment?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
30 Guests, 0 Users