• October 20, 2018, 05:36:47 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Module to randomly disable/enable forest events  (Read 1263 times)
caust1c
« on: June 27, 2006, 03:31:48 PM »

I was reading a post about, forgive me if I am wrong with the person, Robert saying he likes to cycle through the forest events, enabling and disabling them to add to the variety.. I really liked this idea, but I am very lazy.

Does anyone have some ideas on how to make a module that would randomly do this...  I'm fairly new to coding PHP but in my mind, it doesn't seem like something that should be too terribly difficult..

I just don't really know where to start on this, and if any of the experienced coders have some ideas on which approach I should take, I would really appeciate the advice before I spend too much time working on it.  Unless of course someone has/is already worked on it.

Thanks!
SexyCook
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »

Hm, so the same events are present the whole day, you'd have to generate a random number between x and y on a newday-runonce function. After which the module would have to change the active/inactive setting of modules for events based on that random number.

As I see it, there are two problems. First, you'd have to list each event-module you have installed in this module. Secondly, how to create the dependance to the random number, so you don't end up with days where NO MODULE is active.
caust1c
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 04:09:45 PM »

Very good points... I'll stew on this overnight and try to think of a decent way...  I suppose though, is it really that hard for me to just click on activate/deactivate every few days? Tongue  Soooo lazy!
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 04:11:54 PM »

Very good points... I'll stew on this overnight and try to think of a decent way...  I suppose though, is it really that hard for me to just click on activate/deactivate every few days? Tongue  Soooo lazy!

You could also use a *gasp* paper listing of your modules, and manage their cycles...

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
64 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search