• May 26, 2017, 11:19:34 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Item system  (Read 70040 times)
windsummoner
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2010, 08:38:07 AM »

I don't know if i can use another charset. I need to translate my game into Vietnamese. So if i change it back to iso, the game will work well again?

Time waits for no one ~
Afkamm
Mod God

MarcTheSlayer

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2010, 08:43:12 AM »

No idea, you'll just have to try and see which works best without giving you errors. :-)

windsummoner
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »

Thank you so much! Do you have any suggestions on charset i can/ should use? I can't use ISO-8859-1 because it doesn't support my language characters. *sigh*

Edit: Old question... can i hide the error warnings? The module functions well. Nothing went wrong. ^^
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:32:18 PM by windsummoner » Logged

Time waits for no one ~
Boris735
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2010, 12:34:08 AM »

You could perhaps try ISO8859-15 -- that should have more of the missing characters, I think.

I'm afraid that those error messages will be hard to get rid of -- according to this page they appear when you have told the system not to show them. *rolls eyes*

It seems likely that you will have difficulties with this and htmlentities(); as that link mentions, using substr() as the game code does is not valid with UTF-8.
windsummoner
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2010, 06:34:35 PM »

Nice, Boris. ^^ I understand now. I looked at my settings to set show error = false but the error ... i will try to turn it on and hope people won't see errors. Thanks! ^^

Oh, i did use ISO-8859-15 but it doesn't work with me.

Time waits for no one ~
Boris735
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2010, 10:41:56 PM »

Let me know if that doesn't work out, or has other undesirable consequences.  There's an ugly workaround possible of disabling the error reporting for this specific error only, but it's fiddly and has the usual disadvantages of core edits.
windsummoner
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2010, 01:23:49 AM »

Boris, i have a bad news. That doesn't work! Sad The error still there. I guess i can't use item system on my server because of conflict with UTF-8. *sigh* What a pity! I love this module so much...

Time waits for no one ~
Afkamm
Mod God

MarcTheSlayer

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2010, 05:12:34 AM »

Sadly it wont be just the item module that you'll get this problem with.

I was going to suggest removing the colour tags, but it's not them. Then I thought it might be the access keys code (that's where the `H comes from, for keyboard shortcuts), but it's not that.

Son of a ... that stupid little character... Smiley

Yay found the problem. Cheesy

I was puzzled as to why there was no error on the buy page, but there was on the sell page. There was only one difference in the links.
Code:
`n(`2%s Stck`0)

See that 'u' character with the 2 dots above it? That's what's causing the problem. "Stck" is a German word meaning piece, as in 2 pieces.

There are 2 ways to fix this.
1) Edit the files in question and remove/replace any "non-English" characters. There are 4 "Stck" in the "basicitemshop.php" module file.

2) Change your charset to "ISO-8859-1" and translate the offending word. Once you have done this you can change the charset back to "UTF-8".

Problem solved. Smiley

windsummoner
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2010, 10:16:07 AM »

OMG, you awesome!!!!!!! You saved me! It works! Really works! It runs smoothly now. Thank you! *big hug Afk*

Edit: Oh, the "Stck" is not only in basicitemshop.php, it appears in lib/itemhandler.php too. This is for someone has the same problem to me. Say thank to Afk! *jump jump*

Edit again: ... now i want to ask about something else. Somehow, when i create an item and set it "equippable" then it won't appear in the "inventory". Set it "unequippable" and it appears again. T__T Is that useless to make equipment with this?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:33:44 AM by windsummoner » Logged

Time waits for no one ~
RaynDarren
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: December 31, 2013, 02:22:47 PM »

Has anyone run into the problem of buffs failing to save when they're set with an item? I've only recently noticed this problem. I've made around 150 buffs and at about buff 127 they stop saving when you add them to items. Everything is set to buff 127. Any ideas?

Rohen
Codemeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: January 08, 2014, 05:26:34 AM »

Simply, check the database field. If i remember correctly, its set to Tinyint. Change it to int or something similar.

RaynDarren
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: January 09, 2014, 03:34:46 PM »

Thanks!

Nightborn
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: May 13, 2017, 03:21:04 AM »

Small bug report, don't know if any of you encountered it.

if you have an item with charges >0, and multiple of it in the inventory... you can activate the buff from the item without removing an item or a charge.

Change backpack.php Line 83
83                         if ($acitem['charges'] > 1) uncharge_item((int)$id,1);
To
83                         if ($acitem['charges'] > 1) uncharge_item((int)$id);

The ,1 was meant to be a number of charges. Sadly, the function expects the account number. So, if you test this as admin with acctid=1, it works... for anybody else it doesnt. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
20 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search