• July 20, 2017, 11:40:23 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Eggs Expansion by DaveS V1.01  (Read 11563 times)
Boris735
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 05:50:45 PM »

the module djail has this error when you go to private visit with the person in the jail.  i dont know much about sql so i dont know how to fix it.  hence why i'm asking you guys.  

i'm admin on this site: http://wizard-realm.net

this is the error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.level AS level,wizardre_accounts.login AS login,wizardre_accounts.acctid AS acc' at line 2

Well, I have some partial assistance to offer, but it could have been so much easier and more likely to be correct if you had provided more information, so some more advice about bug reporting is in order.  As I've mentioned before, the aim is to reduce the amount of effort required by anyone who considers helping you; every extra click, search, inference about what you mean, or anything else that requires time or thought on behalf of the potential helper makes it much more likely that they will stop and go onto something more interesting to them.  Any question that they have to ask (if they persist that far) costs another day or more.

You want this bug fixed much more than they do, whoever they might be, so it is in your best interests to make the process as easy as possible for them.  This means thinking about what information might be useful and providing it up front.  And when errors are involved, it means providing the full text of them, not just the parts that you think are relevant.  By your own admission, you want someone more knowledgeable than you to help, so you don't want them limited by your knowledge.

With that in mind, here is the minimum information you should provide:

• The site URL, explicitly.  You did this, which is good.
  • The version of the code being run (as the FAQ says to provide).  This can be found by someone clicking on the URL, and scrolling down sufficiently, but that is one more click, several more seconds, and one more chance to lose someone.  Don't risk it.
  • The full text of the error message, including the PHP traceback.  Maybe I am wrong, but I would have expected a traceback showing the calling path here, which would have been very useful.
  • The URL of the page which produced the error.  This is greatly important!  It tells a prospective problem solver where to look for the cause of the error and some of the relevant values, not just "It's somewhere in this module".
  • The name of the module (even though this is inferrable from the previous -- don't make people think more than they have to).  You did this, which again was good.  However, you should also have provided:
  • The link to the download section for the module.  It took a little searching to find this since "djail" turned up nothing useful but "dragon egg jail" did.  I almost gave up when "djail" turned up nothing.  And finally...
  • Post your question in the discussion thread for the module, rather than starting a new thread.  Don't make people search for the appropriate information, do that little bit of work up front and everyone wins.

Now... as for the cause of the error itself, I can only speculate.  It looks to me like a long SQL statement in the source (I think this is in the "bailafriend" case -- I'd know for sure if the URL had been provided) has had newlines inserted, possibly due to some unfortunate cut-and-paste mixup.  The ".level" looks like it should be something like "$accounts.level" and the "acc" looks like it should be "acctid" and such like.

So I would suggest editing that file (modules/djail.php) and searching for the "bailafriend" case, assuming that is the correct one.  Find a statement which looks like: $sql = "..."; that has been split into multiple lines and make sure that it is all a single line.
Megan|SaraBeth
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 09:43:56 AM »

when i got the dragon egg quest, the jail was in there.  i dont remember where i downloaded it from, might have been with core download i dont remember.  but when you go to the jail and then examine jail cells it has private visit with prisoner and when you click that this is the link you get:

http://wizard-realm.net/runmodule.php?module=bakery&op=enter&c=23-123556

also that was the full text of the error it popped up on a white page

i'm also running version 1.1.1

the module is djail.php or dragon egg jail but when you go to the aforementioned section it calls upon hara's bakery.  i dont know were the error is coming from or what to do to fix it.  if there is a place on here where the discussion thread is please point me to it so i may look at it.  thank you

Boris735
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 10:25:12 AM »

You don't have to remember where you downloaded it from.  There's a search box right over there *points* and you can type in "dragon egg jail" -- the very subject you used for this thread, in fact -- and it finds the discussion thread for you.  As the FAQ for this forum says, use the search feature.

And you can see from the URL that is posted that the problem is with the bakery module rather than djail.  Searching on that shows that someone had the same problem, an ill-formated SQL string (although they didn't say where, unhelpfully).  Solution posted there.
Megan|SaraBeth
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 09:29:29 AM »

thank you i'll look there

Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

short, sweet and to the point

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 09:55:01 AM »

* Elessa merges a loose thread into the discussion

Uuma ma ten rashwe, ta tuluva a lle

Play the latest beta version here on LoGD DragonPrime - Axebridge
TGTarheel
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 10:16:06 AM »

OK...is it just me, or has nobody else noticed this...or is it only me getting this for some reason??

It told me The Chruch was open for research to all players.

So I go to The Old Church, which I have installed...and there is no navigation in there to Search the Church.

No idea why.

I looked in the coding for dragoneggs.oh, and yes, THATis the moduke it wants to hook to.  The coding al looks crrect.  YET...I am not able to search that location.

Have had this moduke   installed for years without eber really noticing this, because I personally never really pad it alot of attention.

Could it have something to do with the navigation?  in dragoneggs.ph, the navigation is just called "Church" rather than "The Od Church" 0 wonder if that makes a difference.

see below some code example for what I mean...

Code:
if(is_module_active("petra") && (get_module_setting("tattooopen")==1 ||($dks>=get_module_setting("tattoomin")+$min && ((get_module_setting("tattoolodge")>0 && get_module_pref("tattooaccess")>0) || get_module_setting("tattoolodge")==0)))) addnav("Petra's Tattoo Parlor","runmodule.php?module=dragoneggs&op=tattoo&op3=nav");
if(is_module_active("pqgiftshop") && (get_module_setting("magicopen")==1 ||($dks>=get_module_setting("magicmin")+$min && ((get_module_setting("magiclodge")>0 && get_module_pref("magicaccess")>0) || get_module_setting("magiclodge")==0)))) addnav(array("%s's Gift Shop",get_module_setting('gsowner','pqgiftshop')),"runmodule.php?module=dragoneggs&op=magic&op3=nav");
if(is_module_active("oldchurch") && (get_module_setting("churchopen")==1 ||($dks>=get_module_setting("churchmin")+$min && ((get_module_setting("churchlodge")>0 && get_module_pref("churchaccess")>0) || get_module_setting("churchlodge")==0)))) addnav("Church","runmodule.php?module=dragoneggs&op=church&op3=nav");

Notice how etr's Tattoo Parlor's nav is called Petra's Tattoo Paror...and I never have probems searching there??

But The Old Church...has the navigation called "Church" not "The Old Church"  wondering if that is making this difference??

Son of a Bee, that did it!!  I changed it in my own coding, and viola!!  Now one can search The Old Chruch!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:19:39 AM by TGTarheel » Logged
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 08:46:53 PM »

The navigation name can be anything, what's important is the "is_module_active" name.

Code:
is_module_active("oldchurch")

Basically just add .php to the end of the name and that's the module name being checked to see if it's installed.

I've looked at the word "church" too long and now it looks weird. Cheesy

TGTarheel
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 09:37:03 PM »

The navigation name can be anything, what's important is the "is_module_active" name.

Code:
is_module_active("oldchurch")

Basically just add .php to the end of the name and that's the module name being checked to see if it's installed.

I've looked at the word "church" too long and now it looks weird. Cheesy

Wasn't the case for me.  I still have is_module_active "oldchurch" not "oldchurch.php" - and when I changed the nav to be "The Old Church" instead of just "Church" then I got to search for eggs.

So maybe things are different in 1.1.0 versus higher versions.  But what I did worked for me.  The funny thing is, I never noticed, literally for YEARS...that you were supposed to be able to search here and never could.
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2017, 09:09:02 AM »

Sorry, what I meant by "basically just add .php", was that if you did that (not literally, I'm talking about in your head) then you'd get the file name of the module. You can then check to see if you have that in your modules folder. Smiley

TGTarheel
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2017, 10:18:43 AM »

Sorry, what I meant by "basically just add .php", was that if you did that (not literally, I'm talking about in your head) then you'd get the file name of the module. You can then check to see if you have that in your modules folder. Smiley
Ah.  Gthcha.  Well, I had the file in my directory.  But with the nav just saying "Church" it did not allow Dragon Egg Research there.

As soon as I chnaged the nav to "The Old Church" then Dragn Egg Research popped in there, no roblems.

Weird that I never noticed for literally YEARS that it was not showing there where it ought to.

I am just in a process of majorleague revamping my site and that is how I found it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
22 Guests, 0 Users