• June 27, 2017, 06:56:21 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple Cities Name Problem  (Read 2340 times)
toshiken
Militia

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:30:38 AM »

Hello all, I have a questions that I did search for on the forum but was unable to find.
I have the multiple cities module installed and when I change the name in the Core Names of the lodge or anything other option for that matter I get a badnav. I am using the generic city modules by DaveS to make my different cities.

I was not sure what is causing this.

All help is appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:39:09 AM by toshiken » Logged
White Knight
Mod God

For the truth!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 08:05:47 PM »

I haven't seen Dave's module that you're referring to, but the description seems to indicate that you're trying to use city names that have spaces in them, and that's when it badnavs. Try using single-word city names.

Helping you help yourself.
toshiken
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 02:53:23 AM »

Changing the spacing did not help it still badnavs
Little bit o thinking and I came up with this:

This is the link I get when I choose to rename the lodge:
http://cosplaycombat.com/lodge.php?.1&c=34-024905

This is when I leave it alone and don't change the name:
http://cosplaycombat.com/lodge.php?c=41-025127

Somewhere its adding the .1& and I don't know where it is coming from I looked through the module but I'm not good enough to see anything wrong with it.
Megan|SaraBeth
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »

this is advice, not a solution.  it is best to change the names of things in the game with the translator tool that you can give yourself via the grotto under user editor then under the superuser flags.  i never heard of editing it through a module.  only the translator tool and the core file.  (ex: something.php)   if you want to change the name of the lodge use the translator tool and then click the red square next to the lodge in the main village and change the name or locate the file lodge.php and the search the file for hunter's lodge and jcp(name of the person running the lodge) and everywhere hunter is, to what you want the name of the lodge to be and the name of the person running the lodge. 

I recommend the translator tool.  all you have to do is go into the lodge after you change the name of it using the translator tool and then you can use the translator tool inside the lodge and change the story around and rename the person running it by clicking the square before the line with the person's name in it.  much easier that way in case you want to use these files later to make a totally different game.

Note: I have multiple cities module also and dont use it to rename things.  i only use it to enable travel and have more than one city.  i rename everything via translator tool.  its much easier
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:40:16 PM by SaraDayBella » Logged

Magoo
Militia

I'm a Noobie till I die!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 06:08:44 PM »

If you arent good enough to see what is wrong it is probably not a good idea to be in the modules, spceially core modules and changing things...

I do prefer chanign text and such within the modules, i have seen nightmares happen with the translater tool and have not used it myself....

It would help if you had more information like the file or code..

And a stupid question is one that is not asked, having said that... Please tell me you have had your navs reset each attempt after fixing the code?

Founder of the Mighty Blind Fury Clan
Boris735
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:12:51 PM »

SarahDayBella: The translator tool is not sufficient for this task, because it would cause the lodge name to be changed in every city.  The aim here is to have a different name for the lodge depending on which city you are in.

Magoo: He's mostly just trying to change preferences, as far as I can tell.  Not messing around with the module internals or anything like that.  That said...

The module that is being used is: "Core Names: 10 Cities, version 1.01, by DaveS"... but the version hosted on DragonPrime (see discussion thread here) only goes up to 8 cities, so it does suggest that some modification has happened.

The ".1?" is added by the core names code, in order to distinguish the nav from the standard one, which is blocked so that the revised link can be added.  I don't think that this is the actual cause of the problem.

toshiken: What name are you trying to change the lodge to?  This is information you should have provided in your original query.
toshiken
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 05:18:52 PM »

Yes I did mod it to add two more cities, it worked until I wanted to rename the lodges or armor shops for certain cities, I was wanting it to change the lodge to Jusenkyo Lodge. For some odd reason it just started working for me after I reloaded the site, so I think a file just didn't get transferred over correctly the first time. Thank you for the help though!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
32 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search