• September 24, 2017, 09:17:04 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr Paprika MD  (Read 3301 times)
Sichae
iMod God
SVN Users
Mod God

If ya didn't get it by now... you're hopeless...

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2005, 04:50:09 AM »

A very talented doctor... who excels in Sex Changes.

Admin Configurable Gold and Gem Costs.

Admin Configurable Max (Either can reset at DK, or they can only change their gender X amount of times, throughout their stay in the realm)

Hope you enjoy.

NOTE: Must have Latest Release, in order for this to work. Since it uses a new function.

http://dragonprime.net/index.php?module=Downloads;sa=dlview;id=21
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 02:08:26 PM by Sichae » Logged

If you didn't understand anything in the above post, don't try to attempt anything suggested.

Lightbringer
Codemeister

Life's a lich and then you don't die...damn unlife

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 12:04:54 AM »

Awesome, Sichae...

Get a lot of calls for Dr Paprika's services Cheesy

________________________ _____________________

Lightbringer
PHP/SQL/VB.NET/C#/AJAX Developer
TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 08:17:28 PM »

OK...so i have, in case anyone has not yet figured this out...special huge reasons to love Dr. Paprika!!

OK, So I was gonna change his name to Dr. Porsinsirirak (the doctor I used in real life in case nobody figured out why i love Dr. Paprika so much yet) - yes, it has been fifteen years and I STILL remember the dear doctor who fixed me.

ANYWAY...I digress...

I did a little couple teweks to this module...more for my entertainment than anything else.  First, you must understand that I live in North Carolina.  In case nobody knew, NC is the state that passed that stupid anti-transgender bathroom bill last year.

SO...I used the Item System and added a tweak to where Dr. Paprika gives you a new Birth Certificate after you have the suregry.

I have one in pink and one in blue...and it checks to see if you have one, and takes the old one away f you have it...and gives you the new one for the new sex (I do not say new gender, because we were ALWAYS the gender we were...just a semantics thing, but we trans are pretty into semantics...)

SO...I did that...and I also have the Amazon and Barbarian races installed, those are sex-specific...so if you ARE a female Amazon, you become a Male Barbarian...and vice versa.  The other races are not affeted by this....and it is hard-coded.  So if you have other sex-specific races you could hard-code them where I did.

The Birth Certificate itself is actually just a novelty item, it doesn't actually DO anything...and when you use the item, you keep it (I coded it that way in the Item Editor)

BUT...when you do actuvate the Birth Certificate item, words come up in pink or blue, as apprpriate..."You whip out your birth certificate "proving" your gender to the moron who was harassing you over which bathroom you were in."

Again...you have to be a trans, and you have to be in North Carolina or some other similar place where they hate on the tranns...to truly appreciate this.

LOL, I even have a reature in my forest now called "Pat McCrory"
TGTarheel
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 05:58:50 AM »

Hey i noticed a couple of modules that got affected in an unintended way by Dr. Paprika, but I worked out a fix for the biggest one...Abigail.

See, Abigail was rudely assuming everyone is in an opposite-gender marriage (I know, narrow-minded, right??)

I altered Abigail to offer gifts appropriate to your PARTNER'S gender...rather than checking YOUR gender and assuming opposite-sex.

This came up because a same-gender (female) couple kept getting offered the men gifts.  I worked up a fix, and now, opposite-sex couples see no difference...neither do those who are unmarried and get the System Partner (which is, unfortunately, still assumed to be opposite-gender) - BUT...same-gender couples are now offered gifts appropriate to their PARTNER'S gender!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
26 Guests, 1 User
Stephen.Kise
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search