• May 24, 2019, 05:54:18 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potion Pack & Shop  (Read 6144 times)
CortalUX
Dwellings Project
Mod God

Wogga! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2005, 05:41:26 AM »

Potion Pack & Shop:
  • This is a complete zip with the most up-to-date copies of my potion modules
  • All modules now require the new 'potionshop' module, and go into the 'Potions' category
  • The potion shop now displays potions and their links in a table, as it was starting to look quite messy
  • The javascript is now inserted at the header of the page, so that all modules can use it [size=0.5]I can't use the everyfooter to insert it in the {headscript}, as it can't go in the <head> due to the <div> [/size]
Potion Pack: http://dragonprime.net/users/CortalUX/potionpack.zip
Potion Shop: http://dragonprime.net/users/CortalUX/potionshop.zip
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 05:41:39 AM by CortalUX » Logged
CortalUX
Dwellings Project
Mod God

Wogga! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 05:41:36 AM »

Addition:
Notion potions have been added to the zip.
CortalUX
Dwellings Project
Mod God

Wogga! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 06:17:43 AM »

Addition:
Healing potions have been added to the zip.
CortalUX
Dwellings Project
Mod God

Wogga! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 02:43:32 PM »

Addition:
Home potions have been added to the zip.
CortalUX
Dwellings Project
Mod God

Wogga! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 02:47:21 PM »

Addition:
Dart potions have been added to the zip.
CortalUX
Dwellings Project
Mod God

Wogga! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 05:05:13 AM »

Addition:
Marriage potions have been added to the zip.
Berzerk
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 11:50:27 PM »

Heh, don't take this personaly or anyhing, but I think your taking your potion idea to the point of becoming a annoying clutterer more than a helpful mod (Such as the marriage potions, not sure how they made things any better). lol

I mean every week I come on here you have a new potion module for some new idea or feature. Don't get me wrong I like your potions (Most of them at least but thats a personal opinion) but my point being, the potions are getting a little out of hand in types, someone with your skill and creativity should be striving for much greater things than these potions. Come on CortalUX, show us that crazy mind of yours with your insanly cool mods. your slackin off a bit with these potions. lol

Heh well now the fun part of figuring out what is sarcasme and what isn't in my entire message, Really what I came to say is "Wheres your REAL potential Cortal?, I know you can do something to blow these potion mods of yours away. And I'm freaking excited to see what kind of serious stuff you will slap us in the face with." lol. the potions are a nice side addtions but we all know you can do better than a side mod, you've proven that befor.

These may very well be the wishes of a crazed lunatic like myself Tongue , But none the less I do believe you can do some great mods and I'm sure you've got some great ideas you've been waiting to try out, so say give the potions a quick rest and show us what you've got hidden in your sadisticly sinister mind.

And this is all personal opinion, some will agree some will not. And like I said don't take any of this personaly and I apologise if you are (Though I doubt knowing you) offended by any of this.
CortalUX
Dwellings Project
Mod God

Wogga! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 04:12:14 AM »

Heh, don't take this personaly or anyhing, but I think your taking your potion idea to the point of becoming a annoying clutterer more than a helpful mod (Such as the marriage potions, not sure how they made things any better). lol

I mean every week I come on here you have a new potion module for some new idea or feature. Don't get me wrong I like your potions (Most of them at least but thats a personal opinion) but my point being, the potions are getting a little out of hand in types, someone with your skill and creativity should be striving for much greater things than these potions. Come on CortalUX, show us that crazy mind of yours with your insanly cool mods. your slackin off a bit with these potions. lol

Heh well now the fun part of figuring out what is sarcasme and what isn't in my entire message, Really what I came to say is "Wheres your REAL potential Cortal?, I know you can do something to blow these potion mods of yours away. And I'm freaking excited to see what kind of serious stuff you will slap us in the face with." lol. the potions are a nice side addtions but we all know you can do better than a side mod, you've proven that befor.

These may very well be the wishes of a crazed lunatic like myself Tongue , But none the less I do believe you can do some great mods and I'm sure you've got some great ideas you've been waiting to try out, so say give the potions a quick rest and show us what you've got hidden in your sadisticly sinister mind.

And this is all personal opinion, some will agree some will not. And like I said don't take any of this personaly and I apologise if you are (Though I doubt knowing you) offended by any of this.
*grins*
You should be pleased to learn that that was the last potion set I've got on my list... actually, I've got one more 'a city that you can only travel to by potion', but I can't be bothered.
Maybe I could do better modules, but these were all user-requested;)
I'm actually working with sntjohnny at the moment to do a party-based fighting/quests module.
enderwiggin
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

Bezerk,

Maybe I shouldn't be talking because I've been too busy to contribute much as of late, but I have at least tried to contribute to the community.

You request grandiose features, ask people to write modules for you, and now rip into one of the most active module makers here.  I really don't think you have a right to complain or criticize Cortal if you're not trying to contribute to the community yourself.
Berzerk
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 09:02:11 PM »

Heh I expected a little flame out of this, but really I wasn't attacking cortal I was just trying to get him into his more grand modding ways. He's a very talented modder for LoGD and I know he can do great things, why use so much power on smaller things.

Of course I have contributed nothing (Execpt a few ideas) to the community, ussualy I learn such things on my own and just create what I want, (And I am learning PHP a little, but slowly) I don't particulary like to rely on others for what I need cause I've seen time and time again people failing me and I end up having to do everything myself. But in this case I have to rely on others untill or if I ever learn PHP on a level of making mods myself.

Example: Me and my brother builts a mod for a game some here may know (The Elder Scrolls III, Morrowind), We built a world nearly twice the size of what the company had built, created massive and breath taking lands and dungeons, we really built one hell of a mod and sadly is the best currently out there being 1 of the 2 only Mega Mods (More known as Total Conversions), theres lots of mega mods in the works but none out but ours and one other guy's which ended up being a boring as all hell mod (Sad cause I really was hoping for something great to play). But anyway, we built a huge massive world and all that crap that comes with it and everything, took us a whole year and a half of hard hard 10 hour days (Seriously we did spend about 10 hours everyday working on it) to finish what we now have.  I tried to get the help of a lot of people for things like modeling and textures, sadly we only had one guy who helped us, he contributed little to the mod it'self but he was a great guru to talk to if we hit a snag in anything. Countless people said they'd help but none ever even started with the help, so I was forced to do all that extra crap myself in a painful proccess of learning tons of things at one time. Me and my bro did it all and finished everything but the reliability of other people to me was heavly tarnished, So to earn my reliability trust I really have to trust you like a family member.

However that is entirely off topic, but it points out a few things, like I don't rely on other people often and I also know the tribulations of having to do huge projects. I did stop at a few points and spent a week building a smaller mod to relax myself, but at the end I always went back to do more work on the monster mod.  I guess since I've done that I expect more out of other people who mod, I know if I had the skill of you guys I'd be doing some major stuff. But I have not the skill nore the time these days so I'm am somewhat forced to rely on the community.

A tad off topic but I am a bit curious as to why so many people spell my name as Bezerk, Really I've seen people spell my name that way more than I've seen it spelled the right way. Really weird. lol

Umm back ON topic of what I WAS saying untill I was RUDELY INTERUPTED by MYSELF!...... err...... uhh what did I say?. Shocked

I respect other modders as long as I receive respect back, (However I am not a modder in this community) but still I give proper respect where due. I will admit I have a loud mouth and do tend to get in a bit of trouble over, I get the boat moving in my mind, though sometimes it takes a bit of pushing to do. As you'll see elsewhere when I try to get the World Map moving again since it seems to be at a stand still. Basicly you can talk to me and expect a honest answer, if I don't like something and you ask me about it I'll tell you "I don't like it", but I won't openly say that on a thread unless asked my opinion, I respect them wether I like it or not.

CortalUX's mods I like, most of them anyway, some I find rather pointless but thats not my place to decied if it's pointless to everyone else, many find it very good where I don't. I am a loud and obnoxious guy, but generaly for the things most would agree with me on.

Basicly now that this is all a mess and few would care to read through it, I was just trying to give Cortal a little nudge into the direction of making something greater. Small things make a nice differance yes, but major things change everything. I am not attacking him at all, infact of all the modders here he holds the highest respect from me. That is why I came to him for this, in a way he should feel good about this, it means he is seen as one of the best around, I'm not saying he is the best, I sure there are others better, theres always someone better out there.
enderwiggin
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 10:14:13 PM »

Out of curiousity, which Total Conversion for Morrowind did you do?
Berzerk
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 10:42:25 PM »

Lol, well it was one very very few know. Mainly because every single site we went to to give a basic advertisement on most of the big name modders there attacked us maliciously, they ended up getting our threads locked everytime. And it's massive DL size makes for weary hosts, not even file planet would take the big 180 MB DL. After a little bit we gave up trying to advertise it, As my bro would say, there are to many jelous modders out there and not enough players. Personaly I agree with teh lack of player (90% of people who still mod/play morrowind are modders who don't really play the game themselfs anymore, they just mod for it) So theres a tiny player anbase for MW left.

But our mod was called "From Hell to Heaven, Morrowland", Yeah the name is a bit of a rip off, started as a joke but stuck somehow, plus the name kind of says what it is "Morrowland = More oh land" Basicly there was more land to play on, a lot more. Morrowinfd exterior was said to be from 1600 to 1800 cells large, Our world was about 2800 to 3000 cells large, nearly twice the size. and our landscaping was very different from morrowind most landmass mods for it, it wasn't maze like hilly, it have large plains and rolling hills, of course it had a desert, jungle, snowland and all those classic adventure landscapes as well.

The story was actualy somewhat of a controversy, the idea of you fighting the dark lord (Satan) and all the religious stuff in it sparked some hatred towards us, but to us there is no greater battle of good and evil than the classic God and Satan, Some liked the idea though so it balanced out.

Unfortunatly we advertised it at one point (Was highly secretive befor hand) and we got crushed by the community and our moral demolished. There truely was no one left to play the mod, only modders left, and they don't even play the game themselfs. we worked for like two months after that and stopped production, put it out as "As complete as it's going to get" version, it's missing a lot of the dialog and town stuff, but the majority of the game is there. We decieded it was pointless to work another year to make something only a few hundred (At best) would have played, and I also had gotten a full time job at the time so I was seriously boged down in time (Am only 19 btw). And we did little advertising at it's current version, we just don't care anymore really.

Sadly even in it's incomplete state it stands as the best mod, simply cause there is no other mega mods, the other one out there is complete and everything, but I have yet to see a single person even play through it all, was way to boring and pathy to keep anyone's interest. Great effort though, I do salute the man for his vailant efforts, just wasn't any fun though.

It's still avilable.... I think, we recently changed web hosts so I might have not uploaded it yet. If you wish to check it out you can, and DL it if you please (Provided you have Morrowind),  at Super Game Bros. Thanks for taking interest in it. Uhh please excuse the cheap and crappy construction of the site, been a long time since I done a make over for it, I'm looking into flash a lot so I'll be doing some major updating to the look of the site someday. And if any modders are interested I could easly get you a sub-domain on my site, I got 40 sub-domains but nothing to use in them, and my site is a powerhouse so I can easly host any of your mods or pictures of the famliy cat. lol

Sorry Cortal for getting this thread so off topic, ussualy happens when I start talking. lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 10:51:45 PM by Berzerk » Logged
Exxar
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 03:02:38 PM »

Would it be possible to change the code so you return to the place where you were before drinking the potion, instead of returning to the village? Like it is done with the healer for example. I would like to run your potion modules in a multiple cities environment and always returnig to Degolburg wouldn't quite pass...
Freeze
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 04:54:25 PM »

Suggestion-

A potion that has the same effects a new day. Maybe like a Re-Jubilation potion or somthing.

With a way high price of course.
Mindbender
Captain of the Guard

I don't mind, so what.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 04:18:34 AM »

I have a complete different question about the potions.

The way they are implemented currently is perfect to take over a lot of Gold to the next DK and powerup the own character very quickly.

Would it be possible to make the potions become bad, like an expiration date.
or/and make the player loose tham after a DK?

Cheers

Mindbender
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
131 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search