• October 22, 2018, 10:44:46 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race & specialty selection on create character  (Read 3229 times)
WebPixie
« on: March 13, 2005, 01:22:52 PM »

Ok, I know this is some setting I have messed up, just can't figure it out Tongue

I added new races and new specialties. Set a couple of them to 0 DKs & 0 points so that they could be base selections for new players. BUT when I go to create a character and get to the select race and select specialty screens I am only seening the base ones.

I have felyne set to 0 dks and it's not showing up as a race to choose, and I have 3 or so specialties added at 0 DK and those are not showing up either.... only theif, mystical, and darkarts.

Anyone have any ideas? What am I missing? Or does it have something to do with Isle of Wen?

Any ideas would be a big help Tongue

EDIT: ok, after taking a closer look at newbieisland I realize that is what is blocking all the new races and specialties. So baasicly I need to add

Code:
unblockmodule("racecat");

etc.... for any of the start up races I want to offer as well as specialties. At least I figured it out, I kept thinking I was going insane Tongue
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 01:32:48 PM by WebPixie » Logged
WebPixie
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 01:37:40 PM »

From the looks of it newbieisland does a universal block and they unblocks certain things. I think that might be the cause of my problem. Will check it out and let folks know just incase anyone else is having the same problem.

EDIT:

Sichae, it's actually

Code:
if ($session['user']['dragonkills'] < get_module_setting("mindk"))

So if it is set to 0 if you are under 0 it blocks it, can't be under 0 so it wouldn't block it ever. If it's set to 1 and you are less than that (0) then it would block it. That's in felyne race atleast. I am pretty sure it's the unbloacknav thing on my end.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 01:41:43 PM by WebPixie » Logged
enderwiggin
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 01:43:14 PM »

If you're running prerelease 14, The Isle Of Wen/Newbie Island disables all modules.

So, only the basic specialties and races will show up.  Extra races won't show up at 0 DK's unless you disable Newbie Island.
WebPixie
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 02:37:53 PM »

Sichae,

I read the code, but the setting at 0 is not the problem. It was the blocked navs on newbieisland mod. After adding unblockmodule("racecat");  it was fine. The logic is right for it. If it is 0 it will show when you first start, but newbieisland was blocking it...

I read the code, It's not a flaw in logic or a break down.

Code:
   case "chooserace":
      if ($session['user']['dragonkills'] < get_module_setting("mindk"))
         break;
      output("<a href='newday.php?setrace=Felyne$resline'>On the plains surrounding the city of %s</a>, the city of men, your race of `5Felynes`0, or cat-people in the tongue of the city men, traveled behind the great herds for generations.  Your nimble agility allows you to visit places that larger races can only dream of.`n`n",$city, true);
      addnav("`5Felyne`0","newday.php?setrace=$race$resline");
      addnav("","newday.php?setrace=$race$resline");
      break;

when set to 0 it would be
"if users DK is lower than 0 (a negative number) then stop" -- "otherwise keep going and add nav"

This is just on the felyne mod I am looking at at the moment... other mods may have a break in the logic I am not seeing at the moment though.
WebPixie
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 02:51:10 PM »

Sichae, let me say it this way.

MY problem was NOT caused by any break in logic in the cat race code.. MY problem was caused by the newbie island mod universially blocking all mods and using unblock for ones that would show up. When I unblocked them it worked.

Now if there is a break in logic I would be glad to have it pointed out to me, after 10+ years of coding I am the first to admit I still have tons to learn, but for my problem that's not the cause. I appreciate the help though. thanks Smiley

Sichae
iMod God
SVN Users
Mod God

If ya didn't get it by now... you're hopeless...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 02:55:55 PM »

* Sichae shrugs and wanders off

If you didn't understand anything in the above post, don't try to attempt anything suggested.

WebPixie
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 02:58:30 PM »

Bah!  ok, so no one thinks I was talking to myself there WERE posts I was replying to Tongue  
enderwiggin
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 05:06:41 PM »

Did you add the unblockmodule in newbie island?

I was thinking of doing something like that to allow more than the basic 4 races at creation.
WebPixie
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 05:51:48 PM »

Yes, I added to newbie island mod so now admin can allow & select up to 4 specialties or races to unblock for newbie island. If you want a copy of the code PM me Smiley
Kendaer
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 05:02:58 PM »

As a general request, PLEASE post modifications made to core modules as a unified format diff.

This will let the core code pick up useful enhancements (no, it's not a guarentee that we'll add any enhancment you make into the core).

Posting it as a diff file ALSO makes it more likely to remain useful in the future, since if you post the entire file and then the core makes changes to that file then anyone who installs your file will blow away possibly required core changes!

There have been previous threads on what is needed to make a unified diff.  Please hunt one of them up via the lovely search function.
WebPixie
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 05:55:02 PM »

I can do a diff file... finding the time to do it will be another issue Tongue

Thanks for the reply Kendaer, I won't hand it out then until I can make a diff for it.

Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
46 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search