• June 16, 2019, 05:34:39 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poachers  (Read 15475 times)
Dannic
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2005, 07:39:49 PM »

hehe... sorry to keep on this about guest posting but I just had to share this.

On one forum I actually kinda cared about for a good long time I disabled registration from anyone with an aol, hotmail or yahoo account.  Got lots of complaints about the aol one.  But not the yahoo or hotmail one.

Arune
Mod God

Arune Vai - khatfield

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2005, 10:34:56 PM »

Not sure if MetalDragon's question ever got answered but:
http://software.silicon.com/malware/0,3800003100,39127460,00.htm
Eth
Codemeister

Shameless Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2005, 12:55:59 AM »

hehe... sorry to keep on this about guest posting but I just had to share this.

On one forum I actually kinda cared about for a good long time I disabled registration from anyone with an aol, hotmail or yahoo account.  Got lots of complaints about the aol one.  But not the yahoo or hotmail one.

Slightly unrelated note:
I did this once as well to curb the rise of annoying spammers, and soon discovered that 99% of the people who registered on my forum used one of those aforementioned services. Didn't matter that it didn't affect those currently registered, but they complained about it bitterly. So I had to risk some of the troublemakers for the sake of keeping the populace happy.

Purveyor of fine cloaks, gloves, boots, gerbils, and Siamese cats.
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2005, 02:40:31 PM »

What's completely hilarious now is that after all of his indignation that someone here would lie about his site, I just cut and paste this from his MoTD:

Referrals
When you Refer someone to this site you will now recieve 100 gems & 50 donation points when they reach 6th level.
You will be permently be banned if you are caugt making multiple characters for referral points. I dont care where you get the players form just dont spam OUR game hint, hint!!

Sheesh.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 02:42:48 PM by Talisman » Logged

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
bunn
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2005, 04:47:26 AM »

I have played on the site you just quoted from.  While I don't agree with how the management of that site operates I do know that your quote isn't an exact copy and paste of their MoTD.
  Huh
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2005, 05:43:58 AM »

I have played on the site you just quoted from.  While I don't agree with how the management of that site operates I do know that your quote isn't an exact copy and paste of their MoTD.
  Huh

I'm afraid you are 100% wrong, bunn.  I went to that site, opened the MoTD, cut and paste the text, unaltered.  If it's changed again, then he is the one playing games, not that I really care.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
astaldaran
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2005, 07:11:39 AM »

yeah it is 6x7, someone can't count:)
enderwiggin
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2005, 12:50:38 AM »

Any chance this is Branden/Brandon again?

66.44.156.9 - brandon_sum_1@hotmail.com

craigboy and brandon keep trying to create characters and asking why they are banned.  Plus, it seems someone keeps trying to hack my site.  I keep getting those db errors from people trying to access the db, plus Server 500 errors randomly.  My webhost is pretty convinced it's hackers.

Anyone know anything about this player?
Dannic
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2005, 03:48:49 AM »

suggest justing .htaccess to just deny the ip.  That should clear up your problem.  He quit bugging me after I did that.
lonnyl
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2005, 05:21:34 AM »

Any chance this is Branden/Brandon again?

66.44.156.9 - brandon_sum_1@hotmail.com

craigboy and brandon keep trying to create characters and asking why they are banned.  Plus, it seems someone keeps trying to hack my site.  I keep getting those db errors from people trying to access the db, plus Server 500 errors randomly.  My webhost is pretty convinced it's hackers.

Anyone know anything about this player?

Get yourself some tickets to Galssgow Scottland and go have a chat with him...  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
28 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search