• December 18, 2018, 01:31:40 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game time limits  (Read 3635 times)
bwatford
« on: March 12, 2004, 05:52:28 PM »

Wild hair here... stop me if this is inpossible.

Is it possible to limit a certain character by time in the village? Say to only daylight hours etc. Just wondering about something. Could it be done by asking if a var was true and then if time kind of thing.? Was wondering about if someone say got turned into a vampire or some crazy stuff like that could the time issue be worked out?
phofire
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 06:24:51 PM »

i like this i have turned charachters into demons and vampires in my server and other things

hmm the ideas

perhaps (but more difficult) wqould be to add the argument to certain navs that wouldnt be accessible, limiting village access might cause to many problems unless you add a substitute village layout alltogether so they may have access to whats needed otherwise, perhaps a catacombs
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 06:27:00 PM by phofire » Logged
strider
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 06:36:40 PM »

I think it would be possible only to degrees. Unfortunately, it'd be possible for them to slip past it because of the nature of PHP, by being online in an area that doesn't do the time/character check, but even that can be dealt with in the common PHP. I'd link it to the time in the village.

Voratus
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 09:52:22 PM »

Personally, I don't like the idea of something like that, because not all players are able to get on at all times, so if you happen to restrict someone to "daytime" hours, and that person normally can't be online during that time, you've essentially banned him.
phofire
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 05:25:13 AM »

on the other hand limiting a person to areas during hours would be interesting if you could substitute different areas where they could go, and a few areas ONLY accessible to these charachters.
strider
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

on the other hand limiting a person to areas during hours would be interesting if you could substitute different areas where they could go, and a few areas ONLY accessible to these charachters.

That would be the only way to do it... and it could make things more interesting. I have two mods that are time related. . . but tis about it. Nothing character wide. . . YET.
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

short, sweet and to the point

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 07:52:50 PM »

i must agree with voratus. there are folk in the village i inhabit that are from all over the world and the times they are able to play vary widely.

limiting times for a race, class, or species is not conducive to community building if one group is not able to access the same time another is.

if the vampire is only able to play during village daylight hours, ye have just banned him from his preferred persona.

Uuma ma ten rashwe, ta tuluva a lle

Play the latest beta version here on LoGD DragonPrime - Axebridge
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD