• August 18, 2019, 07:46:31 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creature Maker Request...  (Read 3746 times)
jhend60
Militia

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »

Hello Everyone

I would like to request a creature maker that lets you choose the stats
(health, xp, gold)
Without having to muddle with sql. For me it is a bothersome process that is just mucking around.
Also, could it support choosing a higher level range, if possible.
When I made a level 20 creature with mysql editing, I could not seem to fight it in the forest, even with 'forest' option turned on. I kept fighting the same level of creatures which was annoying, and when I made my level 20 the same as his, I continually fought 'Doppleganger' which was really annoying.

I have now partially given up on images, as they are too troublesome.
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »

Creature maker...called the creature editor in the Grotto.

If you want something to automate generation of PHP code for AI, then the answer is the same as for the request earlier in the week...nope...not feasible.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
jhend60
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 06:03:08 PM »

1 prob though the creature editor in grotto is basic... too basic...
Needs more support for choosing specific things such as health, xp!
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »

What you're asking for, then, is much more than just a creature editor.  That, or you're not being clear on what you want.

Adding stats to creatures and implementing them in battles requires much more than just the provision of an editor.  There is nothing in the core code right now beyond the basic stats as created in the creature editor.

The only additional aspect which comes close to giving creatures more specific stats is AI.  An AI script editor was recently discussed, and isn't feasible.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
Nightborn
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 02:43:00 AM »

Code:
259                         $form = array(
260                                 "Creature Properties,title",
261                                 "creatureid"=>"Creature id,hidden",
262                                 "creaturecategory"=>"Creature Category",
263                                 "creaturename"=>"Creature Name",
264                                 "creaturehealth"=>"Creature Health",
265                                 "creatureweapon"=>"Weapon",
266                                 "creatureexp"=>"Creature Experience",
267                                 "Note: Health and Experience of the creature do are base values and get     modified according to the hook buffbadguy,note",
268                                 "creatureattack"=>"Creature Attack",
269                                 "creaturedefense"=>"Creature Defense",
270                                 "Note: Both are base values and will be buffed up. Try to make the creat    ure beatable for a 0 DK person too,note",
271                                 "creaturegold"=>"Creature Gold carried",
272                                 "Note: Gold will be more or less when fighting suicidally or slumbering,    note",
273                                 "creaturewin"=>"Win Message",
274                                 "creaturelose"=>"Death Message",
275                                 "creaturelevel"=>"Level,range,1,".(getsetting('maxlevel',15)+4).",1",
276                                 "forest"=>"Creature is in forest?,bool",
277                                 "graveyard"=>"Creature is in graveyard?,bool",
278                                 "creatureaiscript"=>"Creature's A.I.,enum".$scriptenum,
279                         );

That's the current version in +nb

Do what you please to patch these lines (except category, you have no field in the DB!) into your creatures.php
jhend60
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 04:46:40 AM »

Thanks for that Nightborn. To my other question, though. I have custom made a creature to level 25, but I cannot seem to fight it in the forest. Is this because I have fought it before, and defeated it? For some reason, I don't even fight the level 18 creatures that came with the game. It seems to only randomly choose level 15 and 14 creatures. I am on level 15 and can choose to seek out the green dragon. Can someone help me? Do I need to make my character level 25 to see my lvl 25 creature?

Or, are you not supposed to make creatures that have mysql edited levels?

jhend60@gmail.com
plz reply to that, if a solution is found. I will submit more info on request.
Tela
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 04:54:56 AM »

You want level 15 players to fight level 25 creatures? Why not just install forestprefs or something, and make the existing level 14-16 creatures harder?

To answer your question, I don't know if it will even work, but thrillseeking is level+1 and suicidal is level+2 I believe, so you'd have to set yourself to at least 23 to fight a level 25 creature, iirc.

But it won't do you any good unless you edit your core files and add levels to your game...Which I wouldn't recommend, as your game will then be completely unsupported by anyone here at DragonPrime. Honestly, you seem to be on about the same level of coding ability as me, which is to say very poor.

The best way for admins like us, that can't efficiently code our own fantastical super duper omg that's awesome modules, is to start looking at other people's work and learning from it....It's a slow road, one which I've started on myself.
Nightborn
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 05:01:26 AM »

Simple. Players on a DP Edition are limited to level 15, then the dragon pops up.
They cannot level up higher, nor is there experience defined.

So ... the forest searchs for enemies up to a max of 2 levels to my knowledge, which makes level 17 creatures the max you can get.
(suicidally + bad luck)

For now, you're safe with the level 1-15 system. try to catch up programming modules and then you can basically do anything.
I am talking about months and years here.
els forever magic
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 08:18:45 AM »

Hi, I was looking at creatures.php and in a comment it said :

Code:
                // 18 to make a non-forest available monster
                // (ie, graveyard only)

now to see your creature you will need to go to the graveyard if it's level is higher then 17.

Edit: I attempted to test your *Nightborn's* edits to creatures.php and i am getting an error with line 358.

Code:
Call Stack:
2: array_key_exists("creaturelose", NULL) showform.php on line 358
3: showform(Array(
0=>"Creature Properties,title", "creatureid"=>"Creature id,hidden", "creaturename"=>"Creature Name", "creaturehealth"=>"Creature Health", "creatureweapon"=>"Weapon", "creatureexp"=>"Creature Experience", 1=>"Note: Health and Experien...", "creatureattack"=>"Creature Attack", "creaturedefense"=>"Creature Defense", 2=>"Note: Both are base value...", "creaturegold"=>"Creature Gold carried", 3=>"Note: Gold will be more o...", "creaturewin"=>"Win Message", "creaturelose"=>"Death Message", "creaturelevel"=>"Level,range,1,19,1", "forest"=>"Creature is in forest?,bo...", "graveyard"=>"Creature is in graveyard?...", "creatureaiscript"=>"Creature's A.I.,enum"
), NULL) called from creatures.php on line 237

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:43:34 AM by els forever magic » Logged
Nightborn
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 08:55:14 AM »

NULL means that $form is empty?

that was working code copied from my game.

well, you can just insert the 3 lines or so for the creaturegold, creatureexp and so on

jhend60
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 04:41:20 PM »

I have no idea how to do what you are saying, so could you please post the patched  working creatures.php?
WIth gold, xp, stuff you can't do without editing database.
This is just to create a hard as monster for people that are on level 15 but choose to not seek out the dragon.
Is that possible? because I have got to level 15 (im superuser) and havent been made to challenge the dragon. It just allows me to fight it in the forest.
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

short, sweet and to the point

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 04:46:03 PM »

I have no idea how to do what you are saying, so could you please post the patched  working creatures.php?
WIth gold, xp, stuff you can't do without editing database.
This is just to create a hard as monster for people that are on level 15 but choose to not seek out the dragon.
Is that possible? because I have got to level 15 (im superuser) and havent been made to challenge the dragon. It just allows me to fight it in the forest.

what do ye mean "haven't been made to challenge the dragon".  are ye referring to the dragon coming to get ye unannounced (dragonattack.php)? or the one where the villagers haul your kicking and screaming body to the cave (peerpressure
.php)? both of those are core modules.

are ye wanting another boss, like the dragon for players to fight?  have ye looked at the penguin overlord module?

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 05:42:41 PM by Elessa » Logged

Uuma ma ten rashwe, ta tuluva a lle

Play the latest beta version here on LoGD DragonPrime - Axebridge
els forever magic
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 05:30:07 PM »

You arent "forced" to fight the dragon at lvl 15.
Elessa
Faerie
Mod God

short, sweet and to the point

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 05:48:27 PM »

You arent "forced" to fight the dragon at lvl 15.

yes, if the admin has set the dragon attacks module ye are most definitely forced to fight the dragon. she seeks out the player in the village square or the forest. nasty surprise it is, too.

Uuma ma ten rashwe, ta tuluva a lle

Play the latest beta version here on LoGD DragonPrime - Axebridge
Nightborn
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 06:30:16 PM »

though that is a module, not a core functionality... I have no such module installed i.e.

@creatures.php
my game version is different, and it would maybe break yours. add the 3 lines

"creatureexp" ....

and so on into the array.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
91 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search