• July 18, 2019, 02:53:53 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acceptable Ideas  (Read 12259 times)
Forge
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2005, 08:34:25 PM »

Hey lonnyl, since your modules are the most affected and possibly used by this idea of an expansion project, I would first like to hear an A-OK on using your modules to build on this project. If you decide not to allow your code to be used iin creating such an expansion, then it would require alot of extended code to be written to cover the same ground that you have already laid down in the game.
Please reply as to wether you will allow me and others to use your code to contribute to the game with my proposed project.
Sichae
iMod God
SVN Users
Mod God

If ya didn't get it by now... you're hopeless...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2005, 10:12:05 PM »

Hey lonnyl, since your modules are the most affected and possibly used by this idea of an expansion project, I would first like to hear an A-OK on using your modules to build on this project. If you decide not to allow your code to be used iin creating such an expansion, then it would require alot of extended code to be written to cover the same ground that you have already laid down in the game.
Please reply as to wether you will allow me and others to use your code to contribute to the game with my proposed project.

Technically, you do not need his permission ... you just need to make the end code available and credit him for the code. Although, you can continue to wait for him to OK it.

Now, if you took the code, and then claimed it to be all yours, then you have a problem ... which would result you in what we like to call, a "lawsuit."

The CCL contains Core Code as well as all modules that are distributed. You can freely edit code, as long as you make the modifications available for download freely.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 10:13:31 PM by Sichae » Logged

If you didn't understand anything in the above post, don't try to attempt anything suggested.

Forge
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2005, 11:18:38 PM »

I would never dream of touching another persons code without their consent. I have refrained from altering anything other than small changes that were required to make the game run on my system without errors. I hate error log entrys.
After looking at what is available for independant operators on the internet in open source development today, I landed on this project. This is the most advanced system in open source development gaming in the world.
I admire that the Developers have took a stand with their code base. Nuff said.
I respect the modular code that has been included into the distribution.
The standards that are in place merit high marks in the development community.
I have stood in the Pub too long tonight, downing ale and whiskey. to be of  any use to any of us. Please excuse me before I insult someone out of hand as I did the other night.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 11:21:27 PM by Forge » Logged
Forge
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2005, 02:56:53 AM »

did anyone realize that in the current world map mod, that if you set it to use 8 point keypad nav that if a user selects to navigate in a 70 degree angle they can  move outside the map, and then afterwards continue to move unencumbered of movement points until you re-enter the map at ones own digression.
one of my players relies on this feature/bug to move about the world at will.
just wondering if you all knew it was like this.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 03:03:23 AM by Forge » Logged
enderwiggin
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2005, 05:44:32 AM »

Forge,

I like your mod.  You can either directly alter the mods in question, and release your versions of them, or you can create a completely new mod that requires the installation of said mods.

Either way, I like your idea.  If you finish this mod, I may tie it in with alignment for evil players, and then do a similiar quest for good players.
lonnyl
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2005, 06:52:30 AM »

I am one that is for adding depth to the game at any avenue....  Certain things I do not use as I don't feel they are quite right (the world map for one... it needs just a little bit more before I intend to use it).  But yes adding substance and depth to the players character (as with alignment, odor, bladder, and hunger) makes for a little more to do in the game besides kill forest creatures, kill the dragon etc.....   Now the game has come quite a way beyond that on it own, but anything beyond that is always a plus.  And the wonderful part of the module system is that one can decide to use a module or not.....  

As for my modules being incorporated into other projects or into the core for that matter, I have no qualms with that.  I do not however actively seek such things.   Use what ever modules you would like....  I am not here (as a part of this community) to hinder any aspect of this game or others use of it.  There is very little that I have created that I do not share, and the ones I don't is because I don't feel they would be generally useful to the rest of the community.

Have fun with your project, and let your friends know that you will see them in a couple of months.....  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
102 Guests, 1 User