• July 19, 2019, 02:58:09 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creature Alignment  (Read 9799 times)
enderwiggin
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2005, 05:41:04 AM »

Please let me reiterate, that I am not in favor of adjusting a player's alignment from forest kills.  You'd gain way too much alignment quickly, and you're really not doing anything to earn it.

Not to mention, that if I player then runs from a fight because they don't want to kill a creature of same alignment, they lose a Forest Fight.  And how many good alignment creatures are you planning on implementing.

I think alignment points should be granted via events where you have to make an ethical choice, and from PvP kills.  
lonnyl
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2005, 06:58:18 AM »

I think alignment points should be granted via events where you have to make an ethical choice, and from PvP kills.  

I concur... this is why I did not support the choosing of alignment at creating a character.

Now choosing certain specialties (like dark arts) chould possibly make one a bit more evil...  But yes I believe that each and every choice that has moral implications should affect the characters alignment.  But there is no real benefit from a creature alignment.  And dealing with good and evil characters can be done with a great number of special events...  

And at this point the characters alignment is handled via a module..... And in my opinion the Alignment module should be in the core, and many of the other modules that come with the core should update a characters alignment *if* the alignment module is active.
Dannic
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2005, 07:15:35 AM »

Since this would be based on the alignment module that would almost be a given.  it would have to be active before anything would happen.

We can discuss the merits of alignment all we want.  I'm still going to do the module.  there are some specific things I need to do which will require it in the future.

The initial thought was that I needed an extra field in the creatures table.  Which is why I posted it here, in hopes I could convince Kendear of adding it.  That was before Kendear pointed out that it would be easier to use prefs-creatures(which I still haven't got to work for creatures).
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
93 Guests, 0 Users