• July 18, 2019, 01:49:32 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racial Hitpoints  (Read 536 times)
aeanos
Militia

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2019, 11:44:40 PM »

Hello all,

I've been dusting off an old project (v.1.1.2 based), and wondered if there was a way to make it so that each race can have its own base hitpoints. After all, it seems odd that a human, a dwarf, and a troll should have the same maxhitpoints, even though they're drastically different creatures. It appears that the maxhitpoints and maxhitpointsperlevel are defined in lib/all_tables.php, but I'm not sure how to go about making work on a race-by-race basis.

So far, I've considered trying to create a form of permanent buff/debuff in each race's module, so the core would simply be the standard Human hitpoints, but figured someone might already know of a better way to accomplish this. Thank you in advance. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:15:01 AM by aeanos » Logged
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:18:32 AM »

I'd suggest simply making a module that, after a successful DK, sets maxhitpoints to a custom number dependent on the player's race, then remembering to add on any hitpoints bought with DK points.

As far as I can tell, maxhitpointsperlevel is only for companions. In train.php, maxhitpoints is always increased by ten. If you want to change this, you could insert a modulehook there, and modify that amount in the same manner as the initial suggestion above.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
124 Guests, 0 Users