• July 18, 2019, 02:47:08 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racial Hitpoints  (Read 539 times)
aeanos
Militia

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2019, 11:44:40 PM »

Hello all,

I've been dusting off an old project (v.1.1.2 based), and wondered if there was a way to make it so that each race can have its own base hitpoints. After all, it seems odd that a human, a dwarf, and a troll should have the same maxhitpoints, even though they're drastically different creatures. It appears that the maxhitpoints and maxhitpointsperlevel are defined in lib/all_tables.php, but I'm not sure how to go about making work on a race-by-race basis.

So far, I've considered trying to create a form of permanent buff/debuff in each race's module, so the core would simply be the standard Human hitpoints, but figured someone might already know of a better way to accomplish this. Thank you in advance. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:15:01 AM by aeanos » Logged
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:18:32 AM »

I'd suggest simply making a module that, after a successful DK, sets maxhitpoints to a custom number dependent on the player's race, then remembering to add on any hitpoints bought with DK points.

As far as I can tell, maxhitpointsperlevel is only for companions. In train.php, maxhitpoints is always increased by ten. If you want to change this, you could insert a modulehook there, and modify that amount in the same manner as the initial suggestion above.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Please take the time to read the FAQ and browse the DragonPedia

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
124 Guests, 0 Users