• May 24, 2019, 06:21:22 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Light Coding Help  (Read 945 times)
Anodyne
Militia

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2019, 08:45:23 PM »

Currently working on a private, invitation only server. Ran into a few hiccups with some modules and could really use a coder, at least part-time, to give me some assistance. Basically, just light bug fixing -- although I will never turn down custom mod work from interested parties.

Mostly, I just need to iron out the edges of a few pesky mods and need some guidance so that we can be in functional beta.
pharis
Militia

Take this it's dangerous to go alone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 07:30:52 AM »

What kind of bugs ? hosting related ?
Anodyne
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 08:27:39 AM »

No, not hosting related, that's all working perfectly. Bugs and issues are just with some modules that technically work, but could use optimization/tweaking.
pharis
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 08:42:53 AM »

well. right now, i am sort of diving a bit into the old lotgd codebase, i am not really used to it as of now, but intend to in the future. maybe i could take a look at it. Will give me some practice. mind to chat once ?
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 01:19:00 PM »

Currently working on a private, invitation only server. Ran into a few hiccups with some modules and could really use a coder, at least part-time, to give me some assistance. Basically, just light bug fixing -- although I will never turn down custom mod work from interested parties.

Mostly, I just need to iron out the edges of a few pesky mods and need some guidance so that we can be in functional beta.

Only ever work with someone you know and trust. Never work alongside someone as if it's a job application. Who knows what they could do to your sites if they ever disagreed with you.

pharis
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 03:29:00 PM »

Totally agree with Aeolus here.
Anodyne
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 05:34:02 PM »

Appreciate the insight re: trust, and believe me, that is absolutely a concern of mine and something I am going to keep in mind. As a response to Pharis and anyone else who may comment later offering assistance, I just realized that apparently I cannot private message anyone on DragonPrime (I have no idea why that's the case and I'm not sure how to fix that, but another problem for another day). If interested parties would email me at ouroboroslotgd@gmail.com that would be lovely. Discord is my preferred method of contact, so if you have one, including that in the email would also be very helpful.
pharis
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 05:38:25 PM »

maybe you have to post a minimum amount of messages until you can do that. i remember having that issue too, was common in Forums years ago. Maybe it applies here too
MarcTheSlayer
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 08:14:52 AM »

Are these custom modules written by you from the ground up that you believe could be better but you don't have the experience, or modules from the download section that look rough? :-)

Check My Modules for the latest versions.
Anodyne
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 03:09:08 PM »

The latter. Some are written by people who don't seem to be currently active, and so that's something I am looking for assistance with as well because I am nervous to spam the DP forums for each individual mod, but there also some tweaks/edits I'd like to make to mods but am not quite sure how to do so myself, that aren't necessarily the fault of the mod or the code itself - nothing (I think) super major, things like turning x mod to a popup, moving y mod to the stat bar instead of it's current location, changes like that are the sort of thing I am talking about.
Sunday
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 07:04:13 AM »

The latter. Some are written by people who don't seem to be currently active, and so that's something I am looking for assistance with as well because I am nervous to spam the DP forums for each individual mod, but there also some tweaks/edits I'd like to make to mods but am not quite sure how to do so myself, that aren't necessarily the fault of the mod or the code itself - nothing (I think) super major, things like turning x mod to a popup, moving y mod to the stat bar instead of it's current location, changes like that are the sort of thing I am talking about.

Those things seem very basic. Would not be hard for anyone to pick up.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5

A new server in the making...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
113 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search