• February 17, 2019, 05:48:45 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Template: Hypertext - A basic foundation for building more modern templates  (Read 377 times)
Annunakitty
Captain of the Guard

Meow! :3

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2019, 02:55:59 PM »

Hi all!  I just spent a day pulling apart the Jade template and studying some of the other stock templates that Blarg hammered out, in attempt to lay the groundwork for a more modern template design.  The idea is simple: hypertext.htm contains page structure only and hypertext.css controls everything else from the layout, images, etc.  Long past are the days that websites are constructed from a mosaic of nested tables with hard coded design elements: say hello to the future with Web2.0!  Or, well, at least something closer since the game code itself still spits out a lot of unnecessary tables and whatnot.

Currently is useable on mobile but I haven't nailed down the scaling, this project has sort of been to get back on the HTML/CSS bike so there are probably bugs, I only barely know what I'm doing lol.

Screenshot:

Give it a spin if you like, and let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:28:54 PM by BombChel » Logged
artti
Captain of the Guard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 09:50:22 PM »

Looks good, I like colours and such. If that blue link colour would be something more eye friendly, then it would be perfect template because of modern web standards.
TGTarheel
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 10:36:33 PM »

OK, so I downloaded it and uploaded it.  Guess I need to try looking t the code, I never have been good at templates.
Annunakitty
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 11:31:25 AM »

Thank you for the responses!  I'm still futzing with it, certainly not ready for a full release; the link colors are just plain ol default html colors so yea I'll fix that for sure.

Last night I spent a little while trying to css up some columns so nav is on the left and stats are on the right but this layout was being fickle so I may not end up actually using this specifically as a starting point for anything, BUT I will polish this up more to be released, perhaps as a potential replacement for the Console template.  Stay tuned!
Annunakitty
Captain of the Guard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 11:21:55 PM »

So, I've spent a good chunk of the last couple days diving into Bootstrap, a VERY comprehensive CSS framework for making responsive pages.  I've completely redone the previous attempt and put a good amount of work into making a very basic console-style responsive template.

Full screen on desktop nets you a modest 3 column layout you will probably find familiar:

Smaller screens or resizing a desktop window will rearrange the Nav-Links below the page content, followed by the charinfo table:

It's not perfect, but shouldn't take too much more work to be able to officially submit to the download archive! Attached is the current build if you'd like to give it a try!  Let me know what you think?
Sunday
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 11:46:47 AM »

Good to see another template not follow the '90s design pattern of organizing with tables.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5

A new server in the making...
pharis
Militia

Take this it's dangerous to go alone

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 05:25:00 AM »

i miss the graphics there ( i know that there are of course accessability concerns with graphics , but i still miss them thou )  ... looks a bit too dark. Do you have any others ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
27 Guests, 1 User
pharis
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search