• June 26, 2019, 04:49:53 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accounts not saving to db  (Read 2510 times)
Anharat
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 10:52:14 AM »

Well, if you say that the db connect file exists and is valid then the issue must be when reading the file to get the variables and that happens in the common.php file. Try printing the variables there and if the values are null / undefined you know that there is an issue with reading the file, not really sure how to solve that then, haven't worked with php and lotgd codebase for quite some time.
Daenerys
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2019, 05:20:00 PM »

So I got a geek friend of mine to look at it. Don't think he knows much about LOGD, but he thinks he knows the reason it didn''t work. I asked him what I should tell you guys so that maybe it could be used as reference.

Here's what he says:

"Oh, all they need to know is that the default for the sql_mode variable in MySQL includes NO_ZERO_IN_DATE, and NO_ZERO_DATE. If it's something they are able to fix for when the installer connects to the database, then no one needs to go hunting for how to set sql_mode themselves. I mean, who does that?"

Will let you know if fixing it works.

HTH
Daenerys
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2019, 05:55:56 PM »

Another note from my friend:

BTW, for the Dragonprimers, before it creates the tables, (I chose line 5 of installer_stage_9.php) it needs this:

mysql_query("set session sql_mode = ''"); 
Technically, it could do smarter things. But that worked, and no one will really care all that much

HTH
Sunday
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 12:43:18 PM »

So I got a geek friend of mine to look at it. Don't think he knows much about LOGD, but he thinks he knows the reason it didn''t work. I asked him what I should tell you guys so that maybe it could be used as reference.

Here's what he says:

"Oh, all they need to know is that the default for the sql_mode variable in MySQL includes NO_ZERO_IN_DATE, and NO_ZERO_DATE. If it's something they are able to fix for when the installer connects to the database, then no one needs to go hunting for how to set sql_mode themselves. I mean, who does that?"

Will let you know if fixing it works.

HTH

I do believe that the zero dates are what makes sure that spam accounts (crawlers back in the day) get deleted with the 'newday_runonce' hook. The setting is under the 'Delete accounts never logged in' I believe. It could be as simple as the core team never thought about it, since the core's code is not the most secure.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5

A new server in the making...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD