• December 11, 2018, 12:40:43 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Administrators resigning and aftermath  (Read 45 times)
Fanster
Militia

View Profile
« on: Yesterday at 02:16:45 AM »

Hi guys,

I'm part of a server, in which the Admin had some sort of existential crisis and nervous breakdown, and therefore claimed he has resigned from the administrator position. Now, he's not the primary admin, so I'm not sure whether if it's possible or not to have an admin remove their admin rights themselves, but say for the sake of argument, that they do it somehow, my questions are:

- if this happens, would there be anything differently about their account, indicating they are no longer an admin?
- is it possible for the resigned admin to retain some "benefits" of the position, such as seeing IP addresses of players?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan!

People don't change, but they can. It's just easier not to![/i]
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 02:39:37 AM »

- is it possible for the resigned admin to retain some "benefits" of the position, such as seeing IP addresses of players?

The module allowing the seeing IP addresses of players is based upon a superuser flag, so if they removed that flag, they could no longer use that module. It's always best to keep a list of module preferences and/or settings that must be manually added to any Staff, so that you can remove them later if required (e.g. the Staff List, or Staff Crowns).

- if this happens, would there be anything differently about their account, indicating they are no longer an admin?

Do you have the online list module installed, that separates staff and players? If so, they'll be listed as a player. I can't think of any other modules that list a Staffer separately or differently.

Fanster
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 04:15:42 AM »

Do you have the online list module installed, that separates staff and players? If so, they'll be listed as a player. I can't think of any other modules that list a Staffer separately or differently.

That's the problem. We don't have an active Admin (allegedly) at this point, which can tell us that. We have the "Staff List" module, which is distributed with the core modules, v.1.2 by Red Yates. And I'm not sure that's the same, because it allows you to add your staff in it despite their actual Admin access and superuser flags (tested on another server of mine for such test purposes).

The module allowing the seeing IP addresses of players is based upon a superuser flag

This particular part brings up another question of mine, taking the above one in consideration - if that flag and that flag alone is left on, would that user be considered staff or player?

Additionally, I don't know if you would be able to help on that, but if we don't have an active Admin, is there a way to designate one without access to the Grotto? We're having hard time locating the owner of the server, therefore SQL updates are also highly unlikely to happen.

People don't change, but they can. It's just easier not to![/i]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
57 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search