• October 19, 2018, 07:28:55 PM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound in lotgd  (Read 867 times)
pharis
Militia

Take this it's dangerous to go alone

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 05:10:25 PM »

i occasionally ask this questions because i myself am working on a private project that is inspired by good old LOTGD. It has now reached the point where such things as  music , audio in general and support for graphics matter. Of course the accessibility part must be in there somewhere, but as things are, this will boil down to some predefined keys that can be pressed to execute all actions in the game, since well .. its a game and not a "webpage" per se.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 10:01:48 PM »

Ah, dang, of course ... the screen reader reads the text and thus music playing in the background would make it difficult to understand at all .. now that seems pretty obvious. sorry for that :-D
Exactly.  That is what I am told by screenreader users, hence why I just took it out of my site when I upgraded.  If yo u want sounds, it should be defaulted to off for everyone, or at least defaulted off for screenreader users, if you wanted to add a step to your character creation so as to know and set the defaults accordingly.

Incidentally...off topic but also trying to create a template with colors that do not hurt the sensitive eyes of a player who has expressed this concern...apparently they have evry bad eyes, even worse than mine, though I am probably heading that same way...
Now I know I can monkey with templates and set up a template that would work for this person, just by changing the hex codes for colors in the specific template.  I am wondering, opinion, if a gray background, like Mist...would be a good one to use for this.  Thinking on just doubling up some of the more intense colors...changing hex codes to match.

They tell me bright red and blue hurt, and has a hard time reading dark red, blue, green, and brown.

Opinions, then...

the code for `1 and `! should be changed
the code for `@ and `2 should be changed
the code for `# should be changed
the codes for `4 and `$ should be changed
probably `5 and `% should be changed
probably `^ should be changed
and that would be the standard colors, anyway...I have more colors, I need to fool with this a bit...

I see you mention screen readers etc quite a lot. Although important and i'm sure help out the visually impaired a lot. It's not practical to build every single module, template, modification etc to fit everyone's needs. You can't please everyone. If something works for the majority, then that is who you should be building for, if you can have it work for the impaired etc then great but you shouldn't "not" do it if you can't.

I know.  Still though, being extremely myopic myself..I tend to try to accommodate those with visual problems.  The player in question is one who eyes are hurt by some of the colors, and I don't fond it a huge problem to make atemplate for him that does not hurt his eyes, and all that is needed is to fool with the hex codes on one template.
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 10:52:37 PM »

I know.  Still though, being extremely myopic myself..I tend to try to accommodate those with visual problems.  The player in question is one who eyes are hurt by some of the colors, and I don't fond it a huge problem to make atemplate for him that does not hurt his eyes, and all that is needed is to fool with the hex codes on one template.

That's very thoughtful that you do that. I have the same for Fandom Kingdom, a plain white and a plain black version of my main template. However, not everyone needs to implement such changes, so mentioning it in every post might end up dissuading other editors from their personal projects.

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 05:24:58 PM »

That's very thoughtful that you do that. I have the same for Fandom Kingdom, a plain white and a plain black version of my main template. However, not everyone needs to implement such changes, so mentioning it in every post might end up dissuading other editors from their personal projects.

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Welcome to DragonPrime - The LoGD Resource Community!

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
42 Guests, 0 Users
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search