• September 22, 2018, 03:45:19 AM
Home Forums News Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
Search

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Switcher : File Submission/Discussion  (Read 387 times)
Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2018, 09:16:20 PM »

Based on an idea from Megan, here is an Alt Account Switcher module.

Brief Summary
This module allows users to connect there alts together. Once an alt has been added, users can switch between accounts with a single click and without the need to keep logging in/logging out.

Anti Spam Protection
If a user enters an alt's username/password combination incorrectly 3 times in a row, they are suspended from the "Add Alt" page for 30 minutes. This will prevent users spamming the form or trying to spam guess passwords.

Adding an Alt
Users are not allowed to add alts that are currently banned, awaiting account activation or an account that is currently locked.
When adding an alt, you are automatically added as an alt to that user also. This allows you to go back and fourth between accounts.

Tested on 1.1.2
Feedback, suggestions welcome

Enjoy  Smiley
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 01:58:43 AM »

Database table? Why not use prefs? Not sure why there's separate files for logging in/out when the core already has one available for use.

Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »

Database table? Why not use prefs? Not sure why there's separate files for logging in/out when the core already has one available for use.

Database table is much easier to store the alts, a player could potentially have hundreds of alts so a table makes sense.

The separate login/logout scripts are because they needed slightly edited to work with the module, you would of seen that if you looked properly.
Sunday
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 10:58:11 AM »

It looks great. Thank you. Nice touch on the antispam feature.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5

A new server in the making...
Brendan
I am Brendan.
Mod God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 02:57:04 PM »

It looks great. Thank you. Nice touch on the antispam feature.

Thanks, glad you like it.
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 05:34:03 AM »

I do see ONE stellar advantage to having this installed.  Admins wold thus know FOR SURE...who is whose alt...allowing misbehaving players to be appropriately sanctioned if they use alts to cheat or create drama, or stalk and harass other players....as some people DO use alts for this sort of thing.  Anyone using this module for their alts...it would become totally clear whose alt is whose.
Sunday
Codemeister

So meme'd up.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 11:18:50 AM »

I do see ONE stellar advantage to having this installed.  Admins wold thus know FOR SURE...who is whose alt...allowing misbehaving players to be appropriately sanctioned if they use alts to cheat or create drama, or stalk and harass other players....as some people DO use alts for this sort of thing.  Anyone using this module for their alts...it would become totally clear whose alt is whose.

Anyone that would cause trouble at a place is not going to register an alt like that lol. Checking ip and id are the only measures you will have - if they want to change those to stay hidden, they surely won't add a link between accounts.

Slowly progressing fork with PHP 7 support: https://github.com/stephenKise/Legend-of-the-Green-Dragon
Cheap VPS Hosting (10$ credit!): https://m.do.co/c/acde75b086c5

A new server in the making...
TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 11:43:15 AM »

Anyone that would cause trouble at a place is not going to register an alt like that lol. Checking ip and id are the only measures you will have - if they want to change those to stay hidden, they surely won't add a link between accounts.

I know.  But, if I were to have something like this on my site, I'd also have a rule that said all alts must be registered in this way...and if caught using an unregistered alt, you get all your known accounts deleted.

I know, I am fairly hostile to the idea of alts, because in my experience, people use them to get up to all kinds of no good.

So, as I was saying - the advantage to having something like this is it might motivate people to not use alts to get up to no good.  I do know some people use alts in ways that are not nefarious.
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 07:03:47 PM »

I know.  But, if I were to have something like this on my site, I'd also have a rule that said all alts must be registered in this way...and if caught using an unregistered alt, you get all your known accounts deleted.

I know, I am fairly hostile to the idea of alts, because in my experience, people use them to get up to all kinds of no good.

So, as I was saying - the advantage to having something like this is it might motivate people to not use alts to get up to no good.  I do know some people use alts in ways that are not nefarious.

Site rules won't stop those who are deliberately there to create trouble.

Anyways, this thread is for discussion, issues and suggestions for the module itself.

TGTarheel
Codemeister

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 10:20:41 PM »

Site rules won't stop those who are deliberately there to create trouble.

Anyways, this thread is for discussion, issues and suggestions for the module itself.

Well, then consider that a suggestion for the module.  It should check, using existing tools for multis, and alert to possible multis that are not currently registered with the module...and alert Admin to that.
Aeolus
Mod God

You're welcome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 02:19:02 AM »

Well, then consider that a suggestion for the module.  It should check, using existing tools for multis, and alert to possible multis that are not currently registered with the module...and alert Admin to that.

The primary use of the module is for it to be a player version, to make it easier for people to log into their alts without logging out. If you wish to make an administrative version of it, you're always more than welcome to.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Play LoGD on Dragonprime

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent Topics
DragonPrime LoGD
Who's Online
42 Guests, 0 Users